Dec 2, 2012, 9:38 PM EST
The NHLPA was interested in including the federal mediators that previously met with both sides in the upcoming players-owners meeting scheduled for Tuesday, according to TSN’s Aaron Ward’s source.
The NHL reportedly rejected that request, but the meeting will still proceed.
NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr expressed hope that the session will be “constructive” and he was encouraged by the inclusion of owners who had not been in any of the previous CBA talks.
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly announced that owners Ron Burkle of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Jeremy Jacobs of the Boston Bruins, Mark Chipman of the the Winnipeg Jets, Larry Tanenbaum of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Murray Edwards of the Calgary Flames, and Jeffrey Vinik of the Tampa Bay Lightning are expected to be in attendance.
It is not yet known who the players will pick to attend the talks.
The federal mediators in question recently met with the NHL and union for two days before ending the talks.
Daly said that the mediators concluded “that the parties remained far apart, and that no progress toward a resolution could be made through further mediation at this point in time.”
Dec 10, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Former first-round pick on his way to Norfolk.
Dec 10, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
We’re about to find out.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
A loaded Detroit roster gets… more loaded.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:15 PM EST
‘Hawks no like.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
For the second time this season.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Chicago’s goalie depth about to be tested.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
It really wasn’t.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
Because he’s spent much of this season questioning his team.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
When Nashville loses, it loses big.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
It’s been a long journey for the former No. 6 overall pick.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
Incident occurred on Sunday, against Boston’s Kevan Miller.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:11 PM EST
No goals in 18 games for the Sabres.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
Facing a lengthy suspension.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
Bad news, especially given his history.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
He spent 16 years with and played over 600 games for the Flames.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
That’s the stadium in the ‘Peg.
Dec 10, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
If he’s not available, the Bruins will need to call up a defenseman.
Dec 10, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
Playing at least one more season would likely make him Ottawa’s all-time games leader.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:47 AM EST
Both teams have struggled lately.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Tuesday’s collection of links.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 56
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 34
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)