Dec 2, 2012, 5:29 PM EDT
The NHLPA and NHL plan to go through with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman’s proposal for the players and owners to have a meeting without the Donald Fehr or Bettman present.
The meeting will happen on Tuesday and include owners Ron Burkle of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Jeremy Jacobs of the Boston Bruins, Mark Chipman of the the Winnipeg Jets, Larry Tanenbaum of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Murray Edwards of the Calgary Flames, and Jeffrey Vinik of the Tampa Bay Lightning, based on a statement from NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly.
On top of that, Daly will also be present, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie. Both the NHL and players were reportedly allowed to pick one “staff” member to be present at the union’s request. The NHL opted to have Daly serve as their staff member and McKenzie speculated that the union will counter with Steve Fehr, although he stressed that it hasn’t been confirmed.
It also remains to be seen which players will be in attendance.
This meeting will take place in the aftermath of the NHL and NHLPA’s discouraging meetings with federal mediators. The mediators spoke with the two sides for only two days before they concluded, in Daly’s words, “that the parties remained far apart, and that no progress toward a resolution could be made through further mediation at this point in time.”
There’s also been increased talk lately about the possibility of the union decertifying. Those discussions might amplify if no significant progress towards a new CBA is made in the near future.
May 27, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Anaheim has a chance to advance to the Stanley Cup Final tonight.
May 27, 2015, 5:24 PM EDT
After just one year in Pittsburgh.
May 27, 2015, 4:43 PM EDT
The ladies sure loved that guy.
May 27, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
One of the many decisions facing new GM Don Sweeney.
May 27, 2015, 3:49 PM EDT
Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final goes Friday at MSG.
May 27, 2015, 3:27 PM EDT
The two men worked together for a season in New Jersey.
May 27, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Tomas Fleischmann likely on his way out.
May 27, 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
“We’re going to be embedded in this community.”
May 27, 2015, 1:46 PM EDT
“I get the fact there were three goals that went in that were ugly. That’s the growth of a young player.”
May 27, 2015, 1:09 PM EDT
Either way, Kimmo Timonen is likely out.
May 27, 2015, 12:39 PM EDT
Rangers forward has had issues with it thus far.
May 27, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
Former Panthers and Devils coach will take over a team that missed the playoffs for the first time since 2003.
May 27, 2015, 12:13 PM EDT
Remember when AV called the youngster out?
May 27, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
“Our door is open for the Capitals, absolutely first and foremost.”
May 27, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Veteran center enjoyed something of a career revival with the Oilers last season.
May 27, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
Chicago fans are hoping that dream includes a Game 6 win.
May 27, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Give some credit to his linemates, including “energizer bunny” J.T. Miller.
May 27, 2015, 8:21 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
May 27, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Almost completely shut the door through two periods.
May 27, 2015, 12:09 AM EDT
Game 7. Friday in New York.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 0
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 14
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)