Dec 2, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is headed back to Edmonton.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie tweets that Nugent-Hopkins will have his shoulder evaluated as it hasn’t “felt right” all season. There was a thought that he was headed back to Alberta for Team Canada’s announcement of their World Junior Championship final selection camp roster, but that’s not the case.
McKenzie says Nugent-Hopkins will be checked out by Oilers doctors and if all is well he will wind up playing for Team Canada. If there are problems, he won’t be headed to Russia for the tournament.
In 19 games with the Oklahoma City Barons, he’s got eight goals and 12 assists, putting him third on the team in scoring behind defenseman Justin Schultz and forward Jordan Eberle. Yeah, the Barons are a little loaded.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)