Dec 2, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is headed back to Edmonton.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie tweets that Nugent-Hopkins will have his shoulder evaluated as it hasn’t “felt right” all season. There was a thought that he was headed back to Alberta for Team Canada’s announcement of their World Junior Championship final selection camp roster, but that’s not the case.
McKenzie says Nugent-Hopkins will be checked out by Oilers doctors and if all is well he will wind up playing for Team Canada. If there are problems, he won’t be headed to Russia for the tournament.
In 19 games with the Oklahoma City Barons, he’s got eight goals and 12 assists, putting him third on the team in scoring behind defenseman Justin Schultz and forward Jordan Eberle. Yeah, the Barons are a little loaded.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)