Dec 2, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is headed back to Edmonton.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie tweets that Nugent-Hopkins will have his shoulder evaluated as it hasn’t “felt right” all season. There was a thought that he was headed back to Alberta for Team Canada’s announcement of their World Junior Championship final selection camp roster, but that’s not the case.
McKenzie says Nugent-Hopkins will be checked out by Oilers doctors and if all is well he will wind up playing for Team Canada. If there are problems, he won’t be headed to Russia for the tournament.
In 19 games with the Oklahoma City Barons, he’s got eight goals and 12 assists, putting him third on the team in scoring behind defenseman Justin Schultz and forward Jordan Eberle. Yeah, the Barons are a little loaded.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29