Dec 2, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is headed back to Edmonton.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie tweets that Nugent-Hopkins will have his shoulder evaluated as it hasn’t “felt right” all season. There was a thought that he was headed back to Alberta for Team Canada’s announcement of their World Junior Championship final selection camp roster, but that’s not the case.
McKenzie says Nugent-Hopkins will be checked out by Oilers doctors and if all is well he will wind up playing for Team Canada. If there are problems, he won’t be headed to Russia for the tournament.
In 19 games with the Oklahoma City Barons, he’s got eight goals and 12 assists, putting him third on the team in scoring behind defenseman Justin Schultz and forward Jordan Eberle. Yeah, the Barons are a little loaded.
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 6
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 12
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 116
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (115)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)