Dec 2, 2012, 6:48 PM EST
NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr confirmed that there will be a players-owners meeting on Tuesday.
Owners Ron Burkle of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Jeremy Jacobs of the Boston Bruins, Mark Chipman of the the Winnipeg Jets, Larry Tanenbaum of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Murray Edwards of the Calgary Flames, and Jeffrey Vinik of the Tampa Bay Lightning are expected to be in attendance.
“There will be Owners attending this meeting who have not previously done so, which is encouraging and which we welcome,” Fehr said in a statement. “We hope that this meeting will be constructive and lead to a dialogue that will help us find a way to reach an agreement.”
The players involved have not been announced and we don’t know who among the NHLPA’s staff or counsel will be present. However, it is worth noting that NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly will reportedly be present, so the union might end up including Steve Fehr in the meeting.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2