Dec 2, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr confirmed that there will be a players-owners meeting on Tuesday.
Owners Ron Burkle of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Jeremy Jacobs of the Boston Bruins, Mark Chipman of the the Winnipeg Jets, Larry Tanenbaum of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Murray Edwards of the Calgary Flames, and Jeffrey Vinik of the Tampa Bay Lightning are expected to be in attendance.
“There will be Owners attending this meeting who have not previously done so, which is encouraging and which we welcome,” Fehr said in a statement. “We hope that this meeting will be constructive and lead to a dialogue that will help us find a way to reach an agreement.”
The players involved have not been announced and we don’t know who among the NHLPA’s staff or counsel will be present. However, it is worth noting that NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly will reportedly be present, so the union might end up including Steve Fehr in the meeting.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 4
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24