Dec 2, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr confirmed that there will be a players-owners meeting on Tuesday.
Owners Ron Burkle of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Jeremy Jacobs of the Boston Bruins, Mark Chipman of the the Winnipeg Jets, Larry Tanenbaum of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Murray Edwards of the Calgary Flames, and Jeffrey Vinik of the Tampa Bay Lightning are expected to be in attendance.
“There will be Owners attending this meeting who have not previously done so, which is encouraging and which we welcome,” Fehr said in a statement. “We hope that this meeting will be constructive and lead to a dialogue that will help us find a way to reach an agreement.”
The players involved have not been announced and we don’t know who among the NHLPA’s staff or counsel will be present. However, it is worth noting that NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly will reportedly be present, so the union might end up including Steve Fehr in the meeting.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)