Dec 2, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr confirmed that there will be a players-owners meeting on Tuesday.
Owners Ron Burkle of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Jeremy Jacobs of the Boston Bruins, Mark Chipman of the the Winnipeg Jets, Larry Tanenbaum of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Murray Edwards of the Calgary Flames, and Jeffrey Vinik of the Tampa Bay Lightning are expected to be in attendance.
“There will be Owners attending this meeting who have not previously done so, which is encouraging and which we welcome,” Fehr said in a statement. “We hope that this meeting will be constructive and lead to a dialogue that will help us find a way to reach an agreement.”
The players involved have not been announced and we don’t know who among the NHLPA’s staff or counsel will be present. However, it is worth noting that NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly will reportedly be present, so the union might end up including Steve Fehr in the meeting.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6