Dec 1, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
If there’s going to be a players’ meeting with the owners, you can count a couple key Sabres players out of it.
“I’m not going to be there,” Leopold said. “I don’t want any part of it.”
He was only getting warmed up.
“I think it’s funny we have Don Fehr on our side. After two years, he seems to get under the owners’ skin. They want to remove one for one. I don’t know where this will lead us. It’s an interesting concept.”
Thomas Vanek was similarly skeptical of the NHL’s motives.
“They have a guy in place in Gary [Bettman]. They pay him. We have a guy in place in Don [Fehr]. That should be good enough. I think just another PR stunt to show that they’re trying to do anything.”
The amount of mistrust from many of the players for the owners is incredible. At some point, that relationship has to be patched up to make things happen.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)