Dec 1, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
If there’s going to be a players’ meeting with the owners, you can count a couple key Sabres players out of it.
“I’m not going to be there,” Leopold said. “I don’t want any part of it.”
He was only getting warmed up.
“I think it’s funny we have Don Fehr on our side. After two years, he seems to get under the owners’ skin. They want to remove one for one. I don’t know where this will lead us. It’s an interesting concept.”
Thomas Vanek was similarly skeptical of the NHL’s motives.
“They have a guy in place in Gary [Bettman]. They pay him. We have a guy in place in Don [Fehr]. That should be good enough. I think just another PR stunt to show that they’re trying to do anything.”
The amount of mistrust from many of the players for the owners is incredible. At some point, that relationship has to be patched up to make things happen.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 2
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 2
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8