Dec 1, 2012, 7:25 PM EST
Couture had been playing well overseas, recording 23 points in that brief stay. The San Jose Sharks forward insisted that it was nothing serious and that he had a good time during his Swiss run.
His agent John Thornton concurs about Couture’s game-readiness, insisting that the talented scorer is in “really good shape.”
Couture made his first All-Star team last season, generating 31 goals and a career-high 65 points. The Sharks signed him to a bargain two-year, $5.75 million in August 2011, so perhaps the team is glad he won’t risk injury overseas any longer.
(He reportedly doesn’t have plans to return to the Swiss league.)
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 1
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 19
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7