Dec 1, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
Couture had been playing well overseas, recording 23 points in that brief stay. The San Jose Sharks forward insisted that it was nothing serious and that he had a good time during his Swiss run.
His agent John Thornton concurs about Couture’s game-readiness, insisting that the talented scorer is in “really good shape.”
Couture made his first All-Star team last season, generating 31 goals and a career-high 65 points. The Sharks signed him to a bargain two-year, $5.75 million in August 2011, so perhaps the team is glad he won’t risk injury overseas any longer.
(He reportedly doesn’t have plans to return to the Swiss league.)
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 1
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 13
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39