Dec 1, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Blackhawks players Steve Montador and Jonathan Toews have had a vocal presence on the labor scene. Both have been at meetings and have spoken their mind about how the process is going. With talks stalled and things looking bleak, their opinions differ on what the next step should be.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers spoke with both players about what they believe should happen next and Montador says decertification looks like the way to go.
“It makes sense when this lockout has gone this long and there’s been no movement from the NHL and massive concessions from the players,” Blackhawks defenseman and player representative Steve Montador said recently. “It’s unfortunate that we have to consider such measures, but it’s a serious one.”
Toews doesn’t quite see it that way, saying decertification is “an option.”
“I’m not sure if it’s the most imminent choice right now,” Toews said. “But at some point the players have certain negotiating tactics that we need to use. Up until now it’s been a waiting game.”
With opinions differing like this, even among teammates, this is where Donald Fehr’s job is as tricky as it’s ever been.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
That’s a fairly modest increase compared to some of the jumps we’ve seen in the past.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:16 PM EDT
He has every right to be.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
Montreal will now play either Detroit or Tampa Bay.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Oshie thinks the core has “been playing some pretty good games since the playoffs.”
Apr 26, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Montreal had a 1-0 lead at the time.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
They got a big task ahead of them.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Habs and Wild look to advance with Game 6 wins.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Minnesota’s earned the right to challenge Chicago again.
Apr 26, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
He’ll undergo further testing in the not too distant future.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Brian Elliott is on in relief.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
That’s one Allen has to have.
Apr 26, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He suffered two concussions this season.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The newly appointed Edmonton executive is already busy in his new role.
Apr 26, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Eric Fehr would be ready for the second round.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Philly fired Craig Berube on April 17.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
He last played at the 2006 tournament.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play the second half of Friday night’s win.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Chorney and Dumoulin could also head back to Wilkes-Barre for their playoff run.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He’s been a healthy scratch for three games.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Blues and Sens need wins to force Game 7
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)