Dec 1, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Blackhawks players Steve Montador and Jonathan Toews have had a vocal presence on the labor scene. Both have been at meetings and have spoken their mind about how the process is going. With talks stalled and things looking bleak, their opinions differ on what the next step should be.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers spoke with both players about what they believe should happen next and Montador says decertification looks like the way to go.
“It makes sense when this lockout has gone this long and there’s been no movement from the NHL and massive concessions from the players,” Blackhawks defenseman and player representative Steve Montador said recently. “It’s unfortunate that we have to consider such measures, but it’s a serious one.”
Toews doesn’t quite see it that way, saying decertification is “an option.”
“I’m not sure if it’s the most imminent choice right now,” Toews said. “But at some point the players have certain negotiating tactics that we need to use. Up until now it’s been a waiting game.”
With opinions differing like this, even among teammates, this is where Donald Fehr’s job is as tricky as it’s ever been.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 55
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming