Dec 1, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Blackhawks players Steve Montador and Jonathan Toews have had a vocal presence on the labor scene. Both have been at meetings and have spoken their mind about how the process is going. With talks stalled and things looking bleak, their opinions differ on what the next step should be.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers spoke with both players about what they believe should happen next and Montador says decertification looks like the way to go.
“It makes sense when this lockout has gone this long and there’s been no movement from the NHL and massive concessions from the players,” Blackhawks defenseman and player representative Steve Montador said recently. “It’s unfortunate that we have to consider such measures, but it’s a serious one.”
Toews doesn’t quite see it that way, saying decertification is “an option.”
“I’m not sure if it’s the most imminent choice right now,” Toews said. “But at some point the players have certain negotiating tactics that we need to use. Up until now it’s been a waiting game.”
With opinions differing like this, even among teammates, this is where Donald Fehr’s job is as tricky as it’s ever been.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)