Dec 1, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Blackhawks players Steve Montador and Jonathan Toews have had a vocal presence on the labor scene. Both have been at meetings and have spoken their mind about how the process is going. With talks stalled and things looking bleak, their opinions differ on what the next step should be.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers spoke with both players about what they believe should happen next and Montador says decertification looks like the way to go.
“It makes sense when this lockout has gone this long and there’s been no movement from the NHL and massive concessions from the players,” Blackhawks defenseman and player representative Steve Montador said recently. “It’s unfortunate that we have to consider such measures, but it’s a serious one.”
Toews doesn’t quite see it that way, saying decertification is “an option.”
“I’m not sure if it’s the most imminent choice right now,” Toews said. “But at some point the players have certain negotiating tactics that we need to use. Up until now it’s been a waiting game.”
With opinions differing like this, even among teammates, this is where Donald Fehr’s job is as tricky as it’s ever been.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 155
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 123
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (155)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (123)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)