Dec 1, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
It’s already bad enough there’s a lockout going on and New Jersey Devils young star Adam Henrique injured his thumb playing for the AHL Albany Devils, but his projected time missed of 4-6 weeks could turn out to go longer.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice spoke with Henrique and finds out it’s a similar injury a Devils teammate had that kept him out a while.
Henrique said “it’s actually the same injury” Devils center Jacob Josefson suffered two years ago.
Josefson ended up missing two and a half months and 30 games after he had surgery to repair the detached ligament in his right thumb.
That would be an absolute worst-case scenario for Henrique. I spoke with Josefson about the injury he had and he clarified a little bit about it.
“When I was out, maybe mine was a bit worse. They told me I was supposed to be out 10-12 weeks. I hope he recovers quickly.”
It makes sense for folks to worry about Henrique’s health, he’s a star at this point, but perhaps it’s better to wait and see how things go before getting nervous about his recovery time.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)