Dec 1, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
It’s already bad enough there’s a lockout going on and New Jersey Devils young star Adam Henrique injured his thumb playing for the AHL Albany Devils, but his projected time missed of 4-6 weeks could turn out to go longer.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice spoke with Henrique and finds out it’s a similar injury a Devils teammate had that kept him out a while.
Henrique said “it’s actually the same injury” Devils center Jacob Josefson suffered two years ago.
Josefson ended up missing two and a half months and 30 games after he had surgery to repair the detached ligament in his right thumb.
That would be an absolute worst-case scenario for Henrique. I spoke with Josefson about the injury he had and he clarified a little bit about it.
“When I was out, maybe mine was a bit worse. They told me I was supposed to be out 10-12 weeks. I hope he recovers quickly.”
It makes sense for folks to worry about Henrique’s health, he’s a star at this point, but perhaps it’s better to wait and see how things go before getting nervous about his recovery time.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)