Dec 1, 2012, 11:29 AM EST
It’s already bad enough there’s a lockout going on and New Jersey Devils young star Adam Henrique injured his thumb playing for the AHL Albany Devils, but his projected time missed of 4-6 weeks could turn out to go longer.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice spoke with Henrique and finds out it’s a similar injury a Devils teammate had that kept him out a while.
Henrique said “it’s actually the same injury” Devils center Jacob Josefson suffered two years ago.
Josefson ended up missing two and a half months and 30 games after he had surgery to repair the detached ligament in his right thumb.
That would be an absolute worst-case scenario for Henrique. I spoke with Josefson about the injury he had and he clarified a little bit about it.
“When I was out, maybe mine was a bit worse. They told me I was supposed to be out 10-12 weeks. I hope he recovers quickly.”
It makes sense for folks to worry about Henrique’s health, he’s a star at this point, but perhaps it’s better to wait and see how things go before getting nervous about his recovery time.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 43
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31