Dec 1, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
It’s already bad enough there’s a lockout going on and New Jersey Devils young star Adam Henrique injured his thumb playing for the AHL Albany Devils, but his projected time missed of 4-6 weeks could turn out to go longer.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice spoke with Henrique and finds out it’s a similar injury a Devils teammate had that kept him out a while.
Henrique said “it’s actually the same injury” Devils center Jacob Josefson suffered two years ago.
Josefson ended up missing two and a half months and 30 games after he had surgery to repair the detached ligament in his right thumb.
That would be an absolute worst-case scenario for Henrique. I spoke with Josefson about the injury he had and he clarified a little bit about it.
“When I was out, maybe mine was a bit worse. They told me I was supposed to be out 10-12 weeks. I hope he recovers quickly.”
It makes sense for folks to worry about Henrique’s health, he’s a star at this point, but perhaps it’s better to wait and see how things go before getting nervous about his recovery time.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 36
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6