Nov 30, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Ken Holland is going to have a word with his under-fire prospects.
You know, the one when cops found Sheahan driving the wrong way down a road in possession of Smith’s ID — while wearing a purple Teletubby costume — then Sheahan blew a .30 on his breathalyzer test and had to be admitted to local hospital because of his high BAC?
Yeah. That one.
“[Sheahan's] going to go through the court system,” Holland said. “We’ve talked to him. We’re keeping it internal. He’s obviously doing some things that he feels he needs to do to learn from his decision.”
It remains to bee seen what punishment, if any, Smith will face for his role in the incident.
According to the arresting officer, Sheahan admitted he had Smith’s Michigan driver’s license so he could get into bars — Sheahan is 20, Smith is 23 — so if Smith willingly provided his ID for Sheahan to purchase alcohol, there could be problems.
In addition to the super-drunk charge, Sheahan was also dinged for providing officers with false information.
The blood-alcohol charge could carry up to 180 days in jail and Sheahan could also face deportation, given he’s not an American citizen.
Sheahan was Detroit’s first-round pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Smith was Detroit’s first-round pick in 2007 and made his debut with the club last season, appearing in 14 games.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL