Nov 30, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Ken Holland is going to have a word with his under-fire prospects.
You know, the one when cops found Sheahan driving the wrong way down a road in possession of Smith’s ID — while wearing a purple Teletubby costume — then Sheahan blew a .30 on his breathalyzer test and had to be admitted to local hospital because of his high BAC?
Yeah. That one.
“[Sheahan’s] going to go through the court system,” Holland said. “We’ve talked to him. We’re keeping it internal. He’s obviously doing some things that he feels he needs to do to learn from his decision.”
It remains to bee seen what punishment, if any, Smith will face for his role in the incident.
According to the arresting officer, Sheahan admitted he had Smith’s Michigan driver’s license so he could get into bars — Sheahan is 20, Smith is 23 — so if Smith willingly provided his ID for Sheahan to purchase alcohol, there could be problems.
In addition to the super-drunk charge, Sheahan was also dinged for providing officers with false information.
The blood-alcohol charge could carry up to 180 days in jail and Sheahan could also face deportation, given he’s not an American citizen.
Sheahan was Detroit’s first-round pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Smith was Detroit’s first-round pick in 2007 and made his debut with the club last season, appearing in 14 games.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)