Nov 30, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Ken Holland is going to have a word with his under-fire prospects.
You know, the one when cops found Sheahan driving the wrong way down a road in possession of Smith’s ID — while wearing a purple Teletubby costume — then Sheahan blew a .30 on his breathalyzer test and had to be admitted to local hospital because of his high BAC?
Yeah. That one.
“[Sheahan's] going to go through the court system,” Holland said. “We’ve talked to him. We’re keeping it internal. He’s obviously doing some things that he feels he needs to do to learn from his decision.”
It remains to bee seen what punishment, if any, Smith will face for his role in the incident.
According to the arresting officer, Sheahan admitted he had Smith’s Michigan driver’s license so he could get into bars — Sheahan is 20, Smith is 23 — so if Smith willingly provided his ID for Sheahan to purchase alcohol, there could be problems.
In addition to the super-drunk charge, Sheahan was also dinged for providing officers with false information.
The blood-alcohol charge could carry up to 180 days in jail and Sheahan could also face deportation, given he’s not an American citizen.
Sheahan was Detroit’s first-round pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Smith was Detroit’s first-round pick in 2007 and made his debut with the club last season, appearing in 14 games.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 11
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 51
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 18
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (62)