Nov 30, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Given that Brian Burke’s fourth year anniversary as GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs recently passed, you can bet there were plenty of articles about his controversial tenure with the club to date. The Toronto Star’s Damien Cox and Sportsnet’s Mark Spector and Ryan Dixon each had their own take on the job he’s done so far.
Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown is hoping the U.S. Small Business Administration will aide companies in and around the Arena District that have been hurt by the lockout. (Columbus Dispatch)
Sven Baertschi said he didn’t get special treatment when he was a member of the WHL Portland Winterhawks. The team was recently handed a massive punishment for a “series of player benefit violations which have occurred over the past four seasons.” (Calgary Sun)
Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock is keeping busy with charity work. (Detroit News)
Top-tier prospect Seth Jones talks about why he got into hockey when his Dad, Popeye Jones, was a power forward in the NBA. (Toronto Sun)
If the NHL and union don’t agree on a new CBA soon, then Canada could have a loaded roster for the Spengler Cup. (Ottawa Sun)
Dec 5, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Pittsburgh hosts San Jose tonight, not coincidentally.
Dec 5, 2013, 12:34 PM EST
Yet another question for Glen Sather to answer.
Dec 5, 2013, 12:11 PM EST
“We’ve got one of the better goaltenders in the world here.”
Dec 5, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Dec 5, 2013, 11:50 AM EST
Left the morning skate early.
Dec 5, 2013, 11:37 AM EST
Been a brutal season injury-wise.
Dec 5, 2013, 11:29 AM EST
If it isn’t, it’s on life support.
Dec 5, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
Sounds like D’Amigo could make his NHL debut tonight.
Dec 5, 2013, 10:42 AM EST
“He’s working very hard, he’s very focused and I think he’ll do a good job for them.”
Dec 5, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
They’re 0-for-5 now.
Dec 5, 2013, 8:58 AM EST
They’ve been shut out three times in five games.
Dec 5, 2013, 8:01 AM EST
Thursday’s collection of links.
Dec 5, 2013, 1:07 AM EST
The Calgary defenseman was sidelined since Oct. 21.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:55 PM EST
He notched a career-high four points Wednesday.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:29 PM EST
Head coach Patrick Roy hasn’t been happy with his work.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
Detroit sees end of four-game winning streak.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
Joining his Buffalo teammate Nikita Zadorov.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:16 PM EST
Montreal gets seventh win in eight games.
Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 PM EST
Dec 4, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
A handsome salary.
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 0
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 5
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 48
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (48)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (38)