Nov 30, 2012, 8:14 PM EST
Andrew Shaw established himself with the Chicago Blackhawks last season by scoring 12 goals and 23 points in 37 games as a rookie.
He also has spent quite a bit of time in the sin bin and his suspension history is getting pretty noteworthy for a 21-year-old.
Shaw was playing in his fourth game since serving a six-game suspension when he was involved in a boarding incident during Wednesday’s AHL contest between Rockford and Chicago. The AHL has decided to suspend him for Saturday’s match as a result.
Shaw also attracted attention when he charged into Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith during the first round of the 2012 NHL playoffs. Shaw was handed a controversial three-game suspension as punishment.
On the bright side, Shaw scored a goal in each of the four contests he played between his two latest suspensions.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 5
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 63
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 11
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (63)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)