Nov 30, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
Andrew Shaw established himself with the Chicago Blackhawks last season by scoring 12 goals and 23 points in 37 games as a rookie.
He also has spent quite a bit of time in the sin bin and his suspension history is getting pretty noteworthy for a 21-year-old.
Shaw was playing in his fourth game since serving a six-game suspension when he was involved in a boarding incident during Wednesday’s AHL contest between Rockford and Chicago. The AHL has decided to suspend him for Saturday’s match as a result.
Shaw also attracted attention when he charged into Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith during the first round of the 2012 NHL playoffs. Shaw was handed a controversial three-game suspension as punishment.
On the bright side, Shaw scored a goal in each of the four contests he played between his two latest suspensions.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)