Nov 30, 2012, 8:14 PM EST
Andrew Shaw established himself with the Chicago Blackhawks last season by scoring 12 goals and 23 points in 37 games as a rookie.
He also has spent quite a bit of time in the sin bin and his suspension history is getting pretty noteworthy for a 21-year-old.
Shaw was playing in his fourth game since serving a six-game suspension when he was involved in a boarding incident during Wednesday’s AHL contest between Rockford and Chicago. The AHL has decided to suspend him for Saturday’s match as a result.
Shaw also attracted attention when he charged into Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith during the first round of the 2012 NHL playoffs. Shaw was handed a controversial three-game suspension as punishment.
On the bright side, Shaw scored a goal in each of the four contests he played between his two latest suspensions.
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 0
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)