Nov 30, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
Andrew Shaw established himself with the Chicago Blackhawks last season by scoring 12 goals and 23 points in 37 games as a rookie.
He also has spent quite a bit of time in the sin bin and his suspension history is getting pretty noteworthy for a 21-year-old.
Shaw was playing in his fourth game since serving a six-game suspension when he was involved in a boarding incident during Wednesday’s AHL contest between Rockford and Chicago. The AHL has decided to suspend him for Saturday’s match as a result.
Shaw also attracted attention when he charged into Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith during the first round of the 2012 NHL playoffs. Shaw was handed a controversial three-game suspension as punishment.
On the bright side, Shaw scored a goal in each of the four contests he played between his two latest suspensions.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)