Nov 30, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
Andrew Shaw established himself with the Chicago Blackhawks last season by scoring 12 goals and 23 points in 37 games as a rookie.
He also has spent quite a bit of time in the sin bin and his suspension history is getting pretty noteworthy for a 21-year-old.
Shaw was playing in his fourth game since serving a six-game suspension when he was involved in a boarding incident during Wednesday’s AHL contest between Rockford and Chicago. The AHL has decided to suspend him for Saturday’s match as a result.
Shaw also attracted attention when he charged into Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith during the first round of the 2012 NHL playoffs. Shaw was handed a controversial three-game suspension as punishment.
On the bright side, Shaw scored a goal in each of the four contests he played between his two latest suspensions.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 0
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 9
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 18
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)