Nov 30, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
Has Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs replaced NHL commissioner Gary Bettman as Player Enemy No. 1?
Lately, it seems that way.
“It could be a good idea…if it’s something where we could get all 30 owners in the same room with representatives from each team and talk, just so they know where we’re sitting and where everybody stands then, yeah, it could be positive.
“But only if it’s done in the right way. If it’s still the same guys from their end talking… if it’s Jeremy Jacobs in there spewing his stuff, I don’t think it’s going to move this process forward.”
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Josh Yohe, if the players had a choice between Bettman and Jacobs in the room, they’d take the commissioner.
When I ask about Bettman, players kind of shrug. When I ask about Jeremy Jacobs, players get rage in their eyes.—
Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) November 30, 2012
No word if Jets ownership feels the same way.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)