Nov 30, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
Has Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs replaced NHL commissioner Gary Bettman as Player Enemy No. 1?
Lately, it seems that way.
“It could be a good idea…if it’s something where we could get all 30 owners in the same room with representatives from each team and talk, just so they know where we’re sitting and where everybody stands then, yeah, it could be positive.
“But only if it’s done in the right way. If it’s still the same guys from their end talking… if it’s Jeremy Jacobs in there spewing his stuff, I don’t think it’s going to move this process forward.”
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Josh Yohe, if the players had a choice between Bettman and Jacobs in the room, they’d take the commissioner.
When I ask about Bettman, players kind of shrug. When I ask about Jeremy Jacobs, players get rage in their eyes.—
Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) November 30, 2012
No word if Jets ownership feels the same way.
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 40
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)