Nov 30, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
Has Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs replaced NHL commissioner Gary Bettman as Player Enemy No. 1?
Lately, it seems that way.
“It could be a good idea…if it’s something where we could get all 30 owners in the same room with representatives from each team and talk, just so they know where we’re sitting and where everybody stands then, yeah, it could be positive.
“But only if it’s done in the right way. If it’s still the same guys from their end talking… if it’s Jeremy Jacobs in there spewing his stuff, I don’t think it’s going to move this process forward.”
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Josh Yohe, if the players had a choice between Bettman and Jacobs in the room, they’d take the commissioner.
When I ask about Bettman, players kind of shrug. When I ask about Jeremy Jacobs, players get rage in their eyes.—
Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) November 30, 2012
No word if Jets ownership feels the same way.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)