Nov 30, 2012, 4:18 PM EST
Has Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs replaced NHL commissioner Gary Bettman as Player Enemy No. 1?
Lately, it seems that way.
“It could be a good idea…if it’s something where we could get all 30 owners in the same room with representatives from each team and talk, just so they know where we’re sitting and where everybody stands then, yeah, it could be positive.
“But only if it’s done in the right way. If it’s still the same guys from their end talking… if it’s Jeremy Jacobs in there spewing his stuff, I don’t think it’s going to move this process forward.”
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Josh Yohe, if the players had a choice between Bettman and Jacobs in the room, they’d take the commissioner.
When I ask about Bettman, players kind of shrug. When I ask about Jeremy Jacobs, players get rage in their eyes.—
Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) November 30, 2012
No word if Jets ownership feels the same way.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 21
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)