Nov 30, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
Has Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs replaced NHL commissioner Gary Bettman as Player Enemy No. 1?
Lately, it seems that way.
“It could be a good idea…if it’s something where we could get all 30 owners in the same room with representatives from each team and talk, just so they know where we’re sitting and where everybody stands then, yeah, it could be positive.
“But only if it’s done in the right way. If it’s still the same guys from their end talking… if it’s Jeremy Jacobs in there spewing his stuff, I don’t think it’s going to move this process forward.”
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Josh Yohe, if the players had a choice between Bettman and Jacobs in the room, they’d take the commissioner.
When I ask about Bettman, players kind of shrug. When I ask about Jeremy Jacobs, players get rage in their eyes.—
Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) November 30, 2012
No word if Jets ownership feels the same way.
- Risk Factors: Philadelphia Flyers edition 2
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 10
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 18
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Pittsburgh releases Daniel Carcillo from tryout (26)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)