Nov 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
While a number of locked-out NHLers have flocked to Europe or tried their hands at coaching, P.K. Subban is using the work stoppage to expand his horizons…into television, apparently.
On Wednesday, Canadian sports channel Sportsnet announced the hiring of Subban as a guest analyst for its Canadian Hockey League broadcasts.
Subban will debut this Friday (Nov. 30) for an OHL battle between the Windsor Spitfires and Kitchener Rangers — he’ll be in studio alongside ex-NHLer Nick Kypreos, Toronto Star columnist Damien Cox and studio host Jeff Marek.
The 23-year-old knows the OHL well — Subban starred for the Belleville Bulls before the Habs took him 43rd overall at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
The Sportnet gig isn’t Subban’s first foray into television, mind you.
The Canadiens blueliner also tried his hand at weatherman duties in late October, filling in as a guest meteorologist for CTV Montreal…and doing a pretty bang-up job, to be honest:
As for his analyst job, Subban is also slated to be in studio for a Sportsnet broadcast on Wednesday, Dec. 5 for a Quebec league game between Drummondville and Bainville-Boisbriand.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)