Nov 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
While a number of locked-out NHLers have flocked to Europe or tried their hands at coaching, P.K. Subban is using the work stoppage to expand his horizons…into television, apparently.
On Wednesday, Canadian sports channel Sportsnet announced the hiring of Subban as a guest analyst for its Canadian Hockey League broadcasts.
Subban will debut this Friday (Nov. 30) for an OHL battle between the Windsor Spitfires and Kitchener Rangers — he’ll be in studio alongside ex-NHLer Nick Kypreos, Toronto Star columnist Damien Cox and studio host Jeff Marek.
The 23-year-old knows the OHL well — Subban starred for the Belleville Bulls before the Habs took him 43rd overall at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
The Sportnet gig isn’t Subban’s first foray into television, mind you.
The Canadiens blueliner also tried his hand at weatherman duties in late October, filling in as a guest meteorologist for CTV Montreal…and doing a pretty bang-up job, to be honest:
As for his analyst job, Subban is also slated to be in studio for a Sportsnet broadcast on Wednesday, Dec. 5 for a Quebec league game between Drummondville and Bainville-Boisbriand.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)