Nov 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
While a number of locked-out NHLers have flocked to Europe or tried their hands at coaching, P.K. Subban is using the work stoppage to expand his horizons…into television, apparently.
On Wednesday, Canadian sports channel Sportsnet announced the hiring of Subban as a guest analyst for its Canadian Hockey League broadcasts.
Subban will debut this Friday (Nov. 30) for an OHL battle between the Windsor Spitfires and Kitchener Rangers — he’ll be in studio alongside ex-NHLer Nick Kypreos, Toronto Star columnist Damien Cox and studio host Jeff Marek.
The 23-year-old knows the OHL well — Subban starred for the Belleville Bulls before the Habs took him 43rd overall at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
The Sportnet gig isn’t Subban’s first foray into television, mind you.
The Canadiens blueliner also tried his hand at weatherman duties in late October, filling in as a guest meteorologist for CTV Montreal…and doing a pretty bang-up job, to be honest:
As for his analyst job, Subban is also slated to be in studio for a Sportsnet broadcast on Wednesday, Dec. 5 for a Quebec league game between Drummondville and Bainville-Boisbriand.
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 21
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 21
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 76
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 109
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (109)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (100)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful