Nov 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
While a number of locked-out NHLers have flocked to Europe or tried their hands at coaching, P.K. Subban is using the work stoppage to expand his horizons…into television, apparently.
On Wednesday, Canadian sports channel Sportsnet announced the hiring of Subban as a guest analyst for its Canadian Hockey League broadcasts.
Subban will debut this Friday (Nov. 30) for an OHL battle between the Windsor Spitfires and Kitchener Rangers — he’ll be in studio alongside ex-NHLer Nick Kypreos, Toronto Star columnist Damien Cox and studio host Jeff Marek.
The 23-year-old knows the OHL well — Subban starred for the Belleville Bulls before the Habs took him 43rd overall at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
The Sportnet gig isn’t Subban’s first foray into television, mind you.
The Canadiens blueliner also tried his hand at weatherman duties in late October, filling in as a guest meteorologist for CTV Montreal…and doing a pretty bang-up job, to be honest:
As for his analyst job, Subban is also slated to be in studio for a Sportsnet broadcast on Wednesday, Dec. 5 for a Quebec league game between Drummondville and Bainville-Boisbriand.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 35
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)