Nov 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
While a number of locked-out NHLers have flocked to Europe or tried their hands at coaching, P.K. Subban is using the work stoppage to expand his horizons…into television, apparently.
On Wednesday, Canadian sports channel Sportsnet announced the hiring of Subban as a guest analyst for its Canadian Hockey League broadcasts.
Subban will debut this Friday (Nov. 30) for an OHL battle between the Windsor Spitfires and Kitchener Rangers — he’ll be in studio alongside ex-NHLer Nick Kypreos, Toronto Star columnist Damien Cox and studio host Jeff Marek.
The 23-year-old knows the OHL well — Subban starred for the Belleville Bulls before the Habs took him 43rd overall at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
The Sportnet gig isn’t Subban’s first foray into television, mind you.
The Canadiens blueliner also tried his hand at weatherman duties in late October, filling in as a guest meteorologist for CTV Montreal…and doing a pretty bang-up job, to be honest:
As for his analyst job, Subban is also slated to be in studio for a Sportsnet broadcast on Wednesday, Dec. 5 for a Quebec league game between Drummondville and Bainville-Boisbriand.
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 17
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 15
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 16
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 11
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 30
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)