Nov 29, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
Claude Giroux‘s agent, Pat Brisson, wants you to know his client is doing just fine.
“There is nothing wrong here, Claude is doing great,” Brisson said from his office in Los Angeles.
“I don’t speak lightly. I’m not one of those who would speak from one side of my mouth.”
Giroux suffered a head injury two weeks ago playing in Germany, but reports since then have stated it’s merely a “neck” injury. Giroux being treated by the same neurologist, Ted Carrick, who treated concussion sufferers Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Guillaume Latendresse might just be a coincidence, but remember Giroux suffered a concussion last season.
Brisson insists this is just a precautionary measure sending him to Carrick and goes on to say, “There’s nothing serious here.”
There could really be a lot of nothing going on here or there’s a much bigger story waiting to come out of this.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 1
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 29
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 14
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 76
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)