Nov 29, 2012, 6:01 PM EST
Would these negotiations go any smoother if NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr, and those that work directly under them weren’t in the room?
We might find out.
Bettman has suggested that the owners and players meet directly, without league or union personnel being present, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger. Fehr and the NHLPA are believed to be considering that option.
Given that the union hasn’t even made a commitment to this hypothetical meeting, it’s not clear when it would occur. However, if it does happen, it sounds like not all of the owners would be present.
“We want to find a way to get to a deal,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said, according to ESPN and TSN’s Pierre LeBrun. “Nothing else has worked. The Commissioner felt that we might as well propose something different. We will see how they respond.”
The two sides already tried speaking to a federal mediator, but unfortunately that didn’t go well.
Dec 22, 2013, 1:08 AM EST
Not the greatest night for Ilya Bryzgalov & Co.
Dec 22, 2013, 12:44 AM EST
Sounds like he took a puck to the face.
Dec 21, 2013, 11:42 PM EST
They had lost 11 in a row, including six this season.
Dec 21, 2013, 10:48 PM EST
They’ve won a franchise-best eight games in a row.
Dec 21, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
He notched No. 694, moving to a tie for seventh.
Dec 21, 2013, 9:09 PM EST
A tall order, if you will.
Dec 21, 2013, 8:26 PM EST
Brutal luck for the winger, Columbus and Slovakia.
Dec 21, 2013, 8:04 PM EST
He was able to skate off with some help from a trainer.
Dec 21, 2013, 7:34 PM EST
Los Angeles took a 3-2 shootout win vs. Colorado on Saturday.
Dec 21, 2013, 7:11 PM EST
Hey, the Islanders get a break.
Dec 21, 2013, 6:53 PM EST
The 51-year-old Washington Capitals coach faces former peers Saturday.
Dec 21, 2013, 6:33 PM EST
He suffered a concussion against Ottawa on Monday.
Dec 21, 2013, 5:42 PM EST
He wants to be a number one goalie, even if it’s not with Washington.
Dec 21, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
It was against the team that drafted him, the Ottawa Senators.
Dec 21, 2013, 4:25 PM EST
He has an upper-body injury.
Dec 21, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
Curtis Glencross and Kris Russell are both sidelined.
Dec 21, 2013, 3:35 PM EST
No decision has been made though.
Dec 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
He’ll miss at least a month.
Dec 21, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
He has allowed 10 goals in his last three games.
Dec 21, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
He’s already missed roughly a month this season due to knee problems.
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 8
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 18
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 26
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)