Nov 28, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
After meeting for most of the afternoon and into the evening, the NHL and NHLPA along with Federal mediators are calling it a night.
NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr released a statement following today’s gathering.
“A small group of NHLPA staff and players met today with two experienced FMCS mediators. We expect that these discussions will resume on Thursday,” Fehr said.
ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun shares that the owners and players spent most of the day in separate groups with the mediators. It was expected that today’s gathering would proceed like that.
With the two sides scheduled to do this again tomorrow, we may find out whether or not mediation was able to make any ground in resolving this situation.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 17
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 78
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 35
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 60
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7