Nov 28, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
From the “stuff you only feature during a lockout” file…
The latest Judd Apatow movie — This is 40, a Knocked Up spinoff starring Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann — features cameos from a number of current and ex-Flyers: Scott Hartnell, Matt Carle, James van Riemsdyk and Ian Laperriere.
What do the cameos entail, you ask?
The guys play hockey players in the movie who party with Megan Fox and Leslie Mann.
They also play around with Laperriere’s false teeth. Lappy told us after filming the movie that he had put off dental surgery in order to shoot the movie.
Oh, and in keeping with the film’s “authentic” hockey motif…
This is 40 also features Wyatt Russell — the son of Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. Russell was once a promising young goalie that played alongside Milan Lucic and Brandon Yip for BCHL Coquitlam during the 2004-05 season.
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 30
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 23
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)