Nov 28, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
From the “stuff you only feature during a lockout” file…
The latest Judd Apatow movie — This is 40, a Knocked Up spinoff starring Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann — features cameos from a number of current and ex-Flyers: Scott Hartnell, Matt Carle, James van Riemsdyk and Ian Laperriere.
What do the cameos entail, you ask?
The guys play hockey players in the movie who party with Megan Fox and Leslie Mann.
They also play around with Laperriere’s false teeth. Lappy told us after filming the movie that he had put off dental surgery in order to shoot the movie.
Oh, and in keeping with the film’s “authentic” hockey motif…
This is 40 also features Wyatt Russell — the son of Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. Russell was once a promising young goalie that played alongside Milan Lucic and Brandon Yip for BCHL Coquitlam during the 2004-05 season.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8