Nov 28, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
From the “stuff you only feature during a lockout” file…
The latest Judd Apatow movie — This is 40, a Knocked Up spinoff starring Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann — features cameos from a number of current and ex-Flyers: Scott Hartnell, Matt Carle, James van Riemsdyk and Ian Laperriere.
What do the cameos entail, you ask?
The guys play hockey players in the movie who party with Megan Fox and Leslie Mann.
They also play around with Laperriere’s false teeth. Lappy told us after filming the movie that he had put off dental surgery in order to shoot the movie.
Oh, and in keeping with the film’s “authentic” hockey motif…
This is 40 also features Wyatt Russell — the son of Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. Russell was once a promising young goalie that played alongside Milan Lucic and Brandon Yip for BCHL Coquitlam during the 2004-05 season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5