Nov 28, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
From the “stuff you only feature during a lockout” file…
The latest Judd Apatow movie — This is 40, a Knocked Up spinoff starring Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann — features cameos from a number of current and ex-Flyers: Scott Hartnell, Matt Carle, James van Riemsdyk and Ian Laperriere.
What do the cameos entail, you ask?
The guys play hockey players in the movie who party with Megan Fox and Leslie Mann.
They also play around with Laperriere’s false teeth. Lappy told us after filming the movie that he had put off dental surgery in order to shoot the movie.
Oh, and in keeping with the film’s “authentic” hockey motif…
This is 40 also features Wyatt Russell — the son of Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. Russell was once a promising young goalie that played alongside Milan Lucic and Brandon Yip for BCHL Coquitlam during the 2004-05 season.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17