Nov 28, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
Harvey Fialkov of The Sun-Sentinel reports the Panthers’ young defenseman has been suspended by the team for dislocating his shoulder while wakeboarding in September. While he returned to the ice this week, the revelation that he was hurt while not training to play hockey will cost him as his agent, Mark Guy, tells the Sun-Sentinel.
“If a player can’t pass a physical as a result of a non-hockey related injury then the club has the right to suspend the player. The suspension ends once he’s able to pass the physical and is set to play. He hasn’t been cleared for contact and probably won’t be for approximately another month.”
The Panthers are within their rights to suspend him until he’s healthy and had he gotten hurt while training, the team would be on the hook to both rehab him and pay his contract until he was healthy. That’s obviously not going to happen now.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
No goals, just two points in first seven games as a Ranger.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Jean-Sebastien Giguere with a good line.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Bob helped Columbus move into third in the Metropolitan Division.
Mar 17, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
In a related story, Connor McDavid is draft-eligible next summer.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
The game also happens to be fairly huge for both teams.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Minnesota is 10-1-1 all-time versus Boston. Which you may find surprising.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:16 AM EDT
Dallas has made a habit of collapsing late in the season.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
His return couldn’t come at a better time.
Mar 17, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Ottawa’s nine points out with 15 games to play.
Mar 17, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
He’s had issues all season long.
Mar 17, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT
Boston has won eight straight games.
Mar 17, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start the day.
Mar 16, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Also an update on the East.
Mar 16, 2014, 10:11 PM EDT
Mar 16, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
Winnipeg takes early advantage over Dallas Stars.
Mar 16, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
At least Buffalo isn’t in a playoff chase.
Mar 16, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Did Carl Hagelin score? Judge for yourself.
Mar 16, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
Also included: video of Kevin Bieksa’s impressive “save.”
Mar 16, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
The rivalry relocated.
Mar 16, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Tough loss for a player on a hot streak.
- Report: NHL pondering more draft lottery changes 2
- Playoff bubble watch — Stars edition 1
- Playoff race update: Jets smash Stars, muddy West picture 10
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 22
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 8
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 10
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 58
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 18
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series (58)