Nov 28, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com managed to turn a few heads today with his column pointing the finger at Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs for his role in the lockout.
In it he shared a story detailing how Jacobs bullied members of the Winnipeg Jets organization during a Board of Governors meeting for being the new guys in town. That story is now being denied by both the league and the Jets.
Haggerty, meanwhile, holds his ground saying, via Twitter: “Duly noted. I stand by my reporting.”
This is the second time in the past month the league has come out and vehemently denied a story involving an NHL owner.
A couple of weeks ago, it was Flyers owner Ed Snider who was reported to disagree with how the lockout was proceeding and wanted to see it ended soon. That was quickly denied by Snider himself saying he supports Commissioner Gary Bettman and was followed up by Bettman himself calling the report a “fabrication.”
UPDATE (7:35 p.m. ET): Jets owner Mark Chipman released a statement, shared here at CSNNE.com:
“I was disappointed to learn today of a report which claimed an exchange took place between an Alternate Governor of the Winnipeg Jets and Jeremy Jacobs of the Boston Bruins at a recent NHL Board of Governors meeting. I was present throughout all BOG proceedings and can categorically state that no such exchange between Mr. Jacobs and either one of our Alternate Governors – Patrick Phillips or Kevin Cheveldayoff – ever took place. Any suggestion otherwise is completely false.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)