Nov 28, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson has earned the ability to just about do whatever he wants in his career at this point. While he toyed with the idea of retiring after last season’s playoff loss, he’s eager to play if it wasn’t for that pesky lockout.
If the lockout happens to wipe out the season, however, he tells Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun he’s eager to play somewhere and has his eyes on either Italy or France.
“I’d play some games, and just have a great experience. I’m not looking to go to a Swedish league or the Russian league, I don’t think. The way I feel now, I don’t think I would be motivated enough, if they cancelled the season, to really do a full push there.
“But I would like to play some hockey and go from there … then decide what I want to do.”
Alfredsson would play somewhere with an easier pace in order to stay in shape to play in 2013-14, should that season come to fruition. Like we said, he’s earned it.
If there’s anything in all this to keep Sens fans minds at ease it’s that Alfredsson is itching to play again.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)