Nov 28, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson has earned the ability to just about do whatever he wants in his career at this point. While he toyed with the idea of retiring after last season’s playoff loss, he’s eager to play if it wasn’t for that pesky lockout.
If the lockout happens to wipe out the season, however, he tells Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun he’s eager to play somewhere and has his eyes on either Italy or France.
“I’d play some games, and just have a great experience. I’m not looking to go to a Swedish league or the Russian league, I don’t think. The way I feel now, I don’t think I would be motivated enough, if they cancelled the season, to really do a full push there.
“But I would like to play some hockey and go from there … then decide what I want to do.”
Alfredsson would play somewhere with an easier pace in order to stay in shape to play in 2013-14, should that season come to fruition. Like we said, he’s earned it.
If there’s anything in all this to keep Sens fans minds at ease it’s that Alfredsson is itching to play again.
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 0
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 7
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 19
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 36
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)