Nov 28, 2012, 9:50 AM EST
Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson has earned the ability to just about do whatever he wants in his career at this point. While he toyed with the idea of retiring after last season’s playoff loss, he’s eager to play if it wasn’t for that pesky lockout.
If the lockout happens to wipe out the season, however, he tells Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun he’s eager to play somewhere and has his eyes on either Italy or France.
“I’d play some games, and just have a great experience. I’m not looking to go to a Swedish league or the Russian league, I don’t think. The way I feel now, I don’t think I would be motivated enough, if they cancelled the season, to really do a full push there.
“But I would like to play some hockey and go from there … then decide what I want to do.”
Alfredsson would play somewhere with an easier pace in order to stay in shape to play in 2013-14, should that season come to fruition. Like we said, he’s earned it.
If there’s anything in all this to keep Sens fans minds at ease it’s that Alfredsson is itching to play again.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 48
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (137)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)