Nov 28, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson has earned the ability to just about do whatever he wants in his career at this point. While he toyed with the idea of retiring after last season’s playoff loss, he’s eager to play if it wasn’t for that pesky lockout.
If the lockout happens to wipe out the season, however, he tells Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun he’s eager to play somewhere and has his eyes on either Italy or France.
“I’d play some games, and just have a great experience. I’m not looking to go to a Swedish league or the Russian league, I don’t think. The way I feel now, I don’t think I would be motivated enough, if they cancelled the season, to really do a full push there.
“But I would like to play some hockey and go from there … then decide what I want to do.”
Alfredsson would play somewhere with an easier pace in order to stay in shape to play in 2013-14, should that season come to fruition. Like we said, he’s earned it.
If there’s anything in all this to keep Sens fans minds at ease it’s that Alfredsson is itching to play again.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 4
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)