Nov 27, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
After the success of charity games across Quebec as well as Operation Hat Trick in Atlantic City this past weekend, fans in Windsor, Ontario can get excited because they’re going to have a game of their own.
Sabres forward Steve Ott is rallying fellow players together for a game, as John Vogl of the Buffalo News reports, on December 8 at the WFCU Center in Windsor and his list of players participating is pretty strong.
Among his future Sabres teammates playing are Thomas Vanek, Jordan Leopold, Drew Stafford, and Matt Ellis. He’s also recruited a few former Stars teammates in Adam Burish, James Neal, and Brenden Morrow.
There’ll also be numerous Detroit Red Wings making the trek across the border to Windsor with Johan Franzen, Todd Bertuzzi, Danny Cleary, Niklas Kronwall, and noted Gary Bettman insult-tosser Ian White. Don’t suppose the Commish will drop in on this one, will he?
All in all it’s a healthy roster of players, but when you consider Martin Brodeur and Henrik Lundqvist combined to give up 16 goals in the Atlantic City game, what kind of damage will be done on Jonas Gustavsson, Michael Leighton, and Jimmy Howard? Keep the red light warm, gang.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (99)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)