Nov 27, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
After the success of charity games across Quebec as well as Operation Hat Trick in Atlantic City this past weekend, fans in Windsor, Ontario can get excited because they’re going to have a game of their own.
Sabres forward Steve Ott is rallying fellow players together for a game, as John Vogl of the Buffalo News reports, on December 8 at the WFCU Center in Windsor and his list of players participating is pretty strong.
Among his future Sabres teammates playing are Thomas Vanek, Jordan Leopold, Drew Stafford, and Matt Ellis. He’s also recruited a few former Stars teammates in Adam Burish, James Neal, and Brenden Morrow.
There’ll also be numerous Detroit Red Wings making the trek across the border to Windsor with Johan Franzen, Todd Bertuzzi, Danny Cleary, Niklas Kronwall, and noted Gary Bettman insult-tosser Ian White. Don’t suppose the Commish will drop in on this one, will he?
All in all it’s a healthy roster of players, but when you consider Martin Brodeur and Henrik Lundqvist combined to give up 16 goals in the Atlantic City game, what kind of damage will be done on Jonas Gustavsson, Michael Leighton, and Jimmy Howard? Keep the red light warm, gang.
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight vs. B’s 0
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 20
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)