Nov 27, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
After the success of charity games across Quebec as well as Operation Hat Trick in Atlantic City this past weekend, fans in Windsor, Ontario can get excited because they’re going to have a game of their own.
Sabres forward Steve Ott is rallying fellow players together for a game, as John Vogl of the Buffalo News reports, on December 8 at the WFCU Center in Windsor and his list of players participating is pretty strong.
Among his future Sabres teammates playing are Thomas Vanek, Jordan Leopold, Drew Stafford, and Matt Ellis. He’s also recruited a few former Stars teammates in Adam Burish, James Neal, and Brenden Morrow.
There’ll also be numerous Detroit Red Wings making the trek across the border to Windsor with Johan Franzen, Todd Bertuzzi, Danny Cleary, Niklas Kronwall, and noted Gary Bettman insult-tosser Ian White. Don’t suppose the Commish will drop in on this one, will he?
All in all it’s a healthy roster of players, but when you consider Martin Brodeur and Henrik Lundqvist combined to give up 16 goals in the Atlantic City game, what kind of damage will be done on Jonas Gustavsson, Michael Leighton, and Jimmy Howard? Keep the red light warm, gang.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 10
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 24
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 14
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)