Nov 27, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
After the success of charity games across Quebec as well as Operation Hat Trick in Atlantic City this past weekend, fans in Windsor, Ontario can get excited because they’re going to have a game of their own.
Sabres forward Steve Ott is rallying fellow players together for a game, as John Vogl of the Buffalo News reports, on December 8 at the WFCU Center in Windsor and his list of players participating is pretty strong.
Among his future Sabres teammates playing are Thomas Vanek, Jordan Leopold, Drew Stafford, and Matt Ellis. He’s also recruited a few former Stars teammates in Adam Burish, James Neal, and Brenden Morrow.
There’ll also be numerous Detroit Red Wings making the trek across the border to Windsor with Johan Franzen, Todd Bertuzzi, Danny Cleary, Niklas Kronwall, and noted Gary Bettman insult-tosser Ian White. Don’t suppose the Commish will drop in on this one, will he?
All in all it’s a healthy roster of players, but when you consider Martin Brodeur and Henrik Lundqvist combined to give up 16 goals in the Atlantic City game, what kind of damage will be done on Jonas Gustavsson, Michael Leighton, and Jimmy Howard? Keep the red light warm, gang.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)