Nov 27, 2012, 4:46 PM EST
And they very well might be. But for now, all three are sticking in North America.
That was the word out of Tampa on Tuesday as the trio stated its collective desire to stay home and wait for a new CBA to be reached.
“Whenever we do start, and I don’t care what you did all summer, when you get into getting hit, it takes you about two weeks to catch up,” St. Louis told the Tampa Tribune. “But once you get into games, it’s like (the snap of a finger). It comes back, so I’m not too worried about that.”
St. Louis, 37, has toyed with the notion of going to Europe, but has stayed back in part because of his family. During the last lockout, he played for HC Lausanne of the Swiss National League “A”.
On Monday, Stamkos and Lecavalier — who played for AK Bars of the Russian league in 2004-05 — also re-iterated their desire to stay home rather than play abroad.
Player agent Mark Guy confirmed that Stamkos will continue to workout in his hometown near Toronto, while Lecavalier told the paper he’s hopeful the season will start soon, given how close the two sides are.
“If you do the math (on CBA negotiations) it’s not that far apart,” he explained.
“We’ll see what the week brings. I still like to think that there is reason to be optimistic.”
- In praise of the Hamburglar 3
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (172)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)