Nov 27, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
The Capitals’ goalie posted his apology Tuesday on Twitter.
I am sorry for what I said,lot of emotions and frustrations are going on! #respect—
Michal Neuvirth (@mneuvirth30) November 27, 2012
Neuvirth made the controversial remark last week after expressing support for his Washington teammate, Roman Hamrlik, who had criticized the leadership of NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr.
Neuvirth’s comment was especially notable as Washington captain Alex Ovechkin, one of the most vocal critics of the NHL, happens to be a superstar with a big contract.
“I know a couple guys [are] pissed off and they say bad things,” Ovechkin said recently, “but you know we stick together and we’re not gonna listen to those guys. Of course everybody wants to play but we have to stick together.”
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 56
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming