Nov 27, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
The Capitals’ goalie posted his apology Tuesday on Twitter.
I am sorry for what I said,lot of emotions and frustrations are going on! #respect—
Michal Neuvirth (@mneuvirth30) November 27, 2012
Neuvirth made the controversial remark last week after expressing support for his Washington teammate, Roman Hamrlik, who had criticized the leadership of NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr.
Neuvirth’s comment was especially notable as Washington captain Alex Ovechkin, one of the most vocal critics of the NHL, happens to be a superstar with a big contract.
“I know a couple guys [are] pissed off and they say bad things,” Ovechkin said recently, “but you know we stick together and we’re not gonna listen to those guys. Of course everybody wants to play but we have to stick together.”
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2