Nov 27, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
The Capitals’ goalie posted his apology Tuesday on Twitter.
I am sorry for what I said,lot of emotions and frustrations are going on! #respect—
Michal Neuvirth (@mneuvirth30) November 27, 2012
Neuvirth made the controversial remark last week after expressing support for his Washington teammate, Roman Hamrlik, who had criticized the leadership of NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr.
Neuvirth’s comment was especially notable as Washington captain Alex Ovechkin, one of the most vocal critics of the NHL, happens to be a superstar with a big contract.
“I know a couple guys [are] pissed off and they say bad things,” Ovechkin said recently, “but you know we stick together and we’re not gonna listen to those guys. Of course everybody wants to play but we have to stick together.”
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)