Nov 27, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
The Capitals’ goalie posted his apology Tuesday on Twitter.
I am sorry for what I said,lot of emotions and frustrations are going on! #respect—
Michal Neuvirth (@mneuvirth30) November 27, 2012
Neuvirth made the controversial remark last week after expressing support for his Washington teammate, Roman Hamrlik, who had criticized the leadership of NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr.
Neuvirth’s comment was especially notable as Washington captain Alex Ovechkin, one of the most vocal critics of the NHL, happens to be a superstar with a big contract.
“I know a couple guys [are] pissed off and they say bad things,” Ovechkin said recently, “but you know we stick together and we’re not gonna listen to those guys. Of course everybody wants to play but we have to stick together.”
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)