Nov 27, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Sidney Crosby admitted to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette* on Monday that he’s experiencing the same feeling as many in the hockey world: sheer frustration.
“I think a lot of guys are frustrated with … the not-talking,” Crosby said. “We understand the business side, that there are negotiations and proposals going back and forth, that kind of thing.”
“But I think the whole process is frustrating. If we really want to get something done, I feel like we have to be there every single day, no matter what.”
Instead, meetings are sporadic at best – unless you put a lot of stock in brief, informal phone calls. With negotiations stalled, the focus shifts to debates about mediation, decertification and cancellations.
It can indeed get under an invested onlooker’s skin, but Crosby hopes that the two sides grind it out.
“Getting frustrated isn’t going to change it,” Crosby said. “It’s up to everyone to find a way to make it work.”
* – Note: A subscription is required on their “plus” site after a certain amount of views.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)