Nov 27, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Sidney Crosby admitted to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette* on Monday that he’s experiencing the same feeling as many in the hockey world: sheer frustration.
“I think a lot of guys are frustrated with … the not-talking,” Crosby said. “We understand the business side, that there are negotiations and proposals going back and forth, that kind of thing.”
“But I think the whole process is frustrating. If we really want to get something done, I feel like we have to be there every single day, no matter what.”
Instead, meetings are sporadic at best – unless you put a lot of stock in brief, informal phone calls. With negotiations stalled, the focus shifts to debates about mediation, decertification and cancellations.
It can indeed get under an invested onlooker’s skin, but Crosby hopes that the two sides grind it out.
“Getting frustrated isn’t going to change it,” Crosby said. “It’s up to everyone to find a way to make it work.”
* – Note: A subscription is required on their “plus” site after a certain amount of views.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)