Nov 27, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Sidney Crosby admitted to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette* on Monday that he’s experiencing the same feeling as many in the hockey world: sheer frustration.
“I think a lot of guys are frustrated with … the not-talking,” Crosby said. “We understand the business side, that there are negotiations and proposals going back and forth, that kind of thing.”
“But I think the whole process is frustrating. If we really want to get something done, I feel like we have to be there every single day, no matter what.”
Instead, meetings are sporadic at best – unless you put a lot of stock in brief, informal phone calls. With negotiations stalled, the focus shifts to debates about mediation, decertification and cancellations.
It can indeed get under an invested onlooker’s skin, but Crosby hopes that the two sides grind it out.
“Getting frustrated isn’t going to change it,” Crosby said. “It’s up to everyone to find a way to make it work.”
* – Note: A subscription is required on their “plus” site after a certain amount of views.
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)