Nov 27, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Sidney Crosby admitted to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette* on Monday that he’s experiencing the same feeling as many in the hockey world: sheer frustration.
“I think a lot of guys are frustrated with … the not-talking,” Crosby said. “We understand the business side, that there are negotiations and proposals going back and forth, that kind of thing.”
“But I think the whole process is frustrating. If we really want to get something done, I feel like we have to be there every single day, no matter what.”
Instead, meetings are sporadic at best – unless you put a lot of stock in brief, informal phone calls. With negotiations stalled, the focus shifts to debates about mediation, decertification and cancellations.
It can indeed get under an invested onlooker’s skin, but Crosby hopes that the two sides grind it out.
“Getting frustrated isn’t going to change it,” Crosby said. “It’s up to everyone to find a way to make it work.”
* – Note: A subscription is required on their “plus” site after a certain amount of views.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)