Nov 27, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Sidney Crosby admitted to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette* on Monday that he’s experiencing the same feeling as many in the hockey world: sheer frustration.
“I think a lot of guys are frustrated with … the not-talking,” Crosby said. “We understand the business side, that there are negotiations and proposals going back and forth, that kind of thing.”
“But I think the whole process is frustrating. If we really want to get something done, I feel like we have to be there every single day, no matter what.”
Instead, meetings are sporadic at best – unless you put a lot of stock in brief, informal phone calls. With negotiations stalled, the focus shifts to debates about mediation, decertification and cancellations.
It can indeed get under an invested onlooker’s skin, but Crosby hopes that the two sides grind it out.
“Getting frustrated isn’t going to change it,” Crosby said. “It’s up to everyone to find a way to make it work.”
* – Note: A subscription is required on their “plus” site after a certain amount of views.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)