Nov 27, 2012, 1:16 PM EST
“That’s a very real possibility,” Schneider said. “That’s why we’ve chosen not to go this direction yet and the hope is that the owners understand, too. They’ve got an awful lot from us and to not worry about losing another season, it doesn’t make a lot of sense from either end.”
The Canucks netminder emphasized how serious it would be to take that big step.
“Decertification is not something you do half-heartedly,” Schneider said. “Once the wheels are in motion, there’s no stopping. It’s a very serious decision and that’s why we’re a little reluctant to charge ahead without thinking.”
Even with such a balanced approach, Schneider still expressed some of the players’ misgivings toward the other side.
“Nobody trusts anything they [owners] do,” Schneider said. “We could agree to their number on make-whole [transition] and they would still say it’s $100 million or no money or because you agree to that, we’re going to give less.”
Which might call for some desperate measures.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 21
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)