Nov 26, 2012, 10:42 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers prospect Oscar Klefbom’s promising developmental season met a premature end thanks to a shoulder injury, according to Värmland Folkblad’s Jonah Eriksson.
Eriksson reports that Klefbom will need surgery in the near future, although the exact date of that procedure isn’t clear just yet.
NHL.com reports that Klefbom expects to be sidelined for sixth months thanks to the injury, which he suffered in October.
The Edmonton Journal’s David Staples opines that the 2011 first-rounder (19th overall) was excelling in Sweden’s top league and could compete for a gig with the big club in 2013-14.
Click here to learn why he opted to play overseas in 2012-13.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)