Nov 26, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets lost the chance to host the 2013 All-Star Game last Friday and might opt for a potential future All-Star to undergo surgery on Tuesday.
It’s unclear if surgery how surgery would affect such a timetable, but either way, it’s a tough break for a team that turned down a massive offer from Garth Snow to keep the pick.
(Also sadly worth noting: the Blue Jackets franchise has had a checkered past with high first-rounders not named Rick Nash, most notably with players such as Nikita Filatov and Nik Zherdev.)
At 19, it’s not the end of the world for Murray, but one cannot blame the Blue Jackets organization if they feel a little exasperated at this point.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 7
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)