Nov 26, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets lost the chance to host the 2013 All-Star Game last Friday and might opt for a potential future All-Star to undergo surgery on Tuesday.
It’s unclear if surgery how surgery would affect such a timetable, but either way, it’s a tough break for a team that turned down a massive offer from Garth Snow to keep the pick.
(Also sadly worth noting: the Blue Jackets franchise has had a checkered past with high first-rounders not named Rick Nash, most notably with players such as Nikita Filatov and Nik Zherdev.)
At 19, it’s not the end of the world for Murray, but one cannot blame the Blue Jackets organization if they feel a little exasperated at this point.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 6
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 22
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)