Nov 26, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets lost the chance to host the 2013 All-Star Game last Friday and might opt for a potential future All-Star to undergo surgery on Tuesday.
It’s unclear if surgery how surgery would affect such a timetable, but either way, it’s a tough break for a team that turned down a massive offer from Garth Snow to keep the pick.
(Also sadly worth noting: the Blue Jackets franchise has had a checkered past with high first-rounders not named Rick Nash, most notably with players such as Nikita Filatov and Nik Zherdev.)
At 19, it’s not the end of the world for Murray, but one cannot blame the Blue Jackets organization if they feel a little exasperated at this point.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)