Nov 26, 2012, 8:20 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets lost the chance to host the 2013 All-Star Game last Friday and might opt for a potential future All-Star to undergo surgery on Tuesday.
It’s unclear if surgery how surgery would affect such a timetable, but either way, it’s a tough break for a team that turned down a massive offer from Garth Snow to keep the pick.
(Also sadly worth noting: the Blue Jackets franchise has had a checkered past with high first-rounders not named Rick Nash, most notably with players such as Nikita Filatov and Nik Zherdev.)
At 19, it’s not the end of the world for Murray, but one cannot blame the Blue Jackets organization if they feel a little exasperated at this point.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)