Nov 26, 2012, 12:19 PM EDT
Nothing is officially planned yet, but NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly expects collective bargaining to resume this week, according to an email he wrote to QMI Agency.
The league and players last met on Wednesday when the NHLPA submitted a new proposal that, according to union leader Donald Fehr, was met with “no reciprocity” from the NHL.
Commissioner Gary Bettman sounded a slightly more optimistic tone following Wednesday’s meeting, though he admitted the two sides remained “far apart.”
Two issues remain at the forefront of the dispute. The first is money. The NHLPA claims the two sides are just $182 million apart over the life of the players’ five-year offer.
The second is contract rights. The league wants to end back-diving deals, cap contract lengths at five years and for players to become eligible for unrestricted free agency a year later than under the last CBA. The union, meanwhile, wants things to stay more or less the same, though it did propose a way to punish teams that front-load deals in order to subvert the spirit of the salary cap.
Jul 12, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
The Flyers goaltending prospect is set to begin his pro career in 2014-15.
Jul 12, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
He had a hearing scheduled for July 25.
Jul 12, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
He lost vision in his right eye.
Jul 12, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Peruse Saturday’s set of links.
Jul 11, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
Two former first-round draft picks.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
He didn’t play professional hockey in 2013-14.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Jason Spezza’s departure likely makes him Ottawa’s No. 1 pivot.
Jul 11, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
Will their optimism be justified?
Jul 11, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
He seemed bound for Switzerland on Thursday.
Jul 11, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
They acquired him from Montreal this summer.
Jul 11, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
Another interesting young forward in Tampa Bay.
Jul 11, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
“Evander’s a Winnipeg Jet and that’s how we’re moving forward.”
Jul 11, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
What could the Blackhawks’ defense look like without him?
Jul 11, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
Pressure’s on for Randy Carlyle.
Jul 11, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
“We’re not going to finish last to try and draft people first or second.”
Jul 11, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
Drafted 22nd overall.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
Played for Steve Yzerman during the 2010 Olympics.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
“There was no room for negotiation.”
Jul 11, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
Six-year extension for the 28-year-old center.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Not that there was much left anyways.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 25
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 66
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (66)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)