Nov 25, 2012, 7:08 PM EST
Athletes – especially NHL players – are known for fighting through injuries and sometimes defying doctors’ orders. Still, in the case of Blake Geoffrion, the Tennessean’s Josh Cooper discusses the patience needed for him to recover from a depressed skull fracture on Nov. 9.
His father Danny hopes that Blake Geoffrion can avoid the urge to get ahead of schedule.
“Blake is going to have to be very patient in this whole cycle,” Danny said. “Any athlete … he’s going to get antsier and antsier with every week that goes by and all that. He’s going to have to discipline himself to follow the directions of the doctors and go by exactly what they say until one day they give him the green light.”
So far, he’s able to eat normally and go for walks, but his father said that he’s “unable to do much else.”
Still, it’s impressive that he was able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner in a fairly typical fashion considering the fact that the injury happened about two weeks ago.
The Montreal Canadiens expect him to make a full recovery, but again, that will require a measured approach.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)