Nov 25, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
Athletes – especially NHL players – are known for fighting through injuries and sometimes defying doctors’ orders. Still, in the case of Blake Geoffrion, the Tennessean’s Josh Cooper discusses the patience needed for him to recover from a depressed skull fracture on Nov. 9.
His father Danny hopes that Blake Geoffrion can avoid the urge to get ahead of schedule.
“Blake is going to have to be very patient in this whole cycle,” Danny said. “Any athlete … he’s going to get antsier and antsier with every week that goes by and all that. He’s going to have to discipline himself to follow the directions of the doctors and go by exactly what they say until one day they give him the green light.”
So far, he’s able to eat normally and go for walks, but his father said that he’s “unable to do much else.”
Still, it’s impressive that he was able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner in a fairly typical fashion considering the fact that the injury happened about two weeks ago.
The Montreal Canadiens expect him to make a full recovery, but again, that will require a measured approach.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 14
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)