Nov 25, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
Athletes – especially NHL players – are known for fighting through injuries and sometimes defying doctors’ orders. Still, in the case of Blake Geoffrion, the Tennessean’s Josh Cooper discusses the patience needed for him to recover from a depressed skull fracture on Nov. 9.
His father Danny hopes that Blake Geoffrion can avoid the urge to get ahead of schedule.
“Blake is going to have to be very patient in this whole cycle,” Danny said. “Any athlete … he’s going to get antsier and antsier with every week that goes by and all that. He’s going to have to discipline himself to follow the directions of the doctors and go by exactly what they say until one day they give him the green light.”
So far, he’s able to eat normally and go for walks, but his father said that he’s “unable to do much else.”
Still, it’s impressive that he was able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner in a fairly typical fashion considering the fact that the injury happened about two weeks ago.
The Montreal Canadiens expect him to make a full recovery, but again, that will require a measured approach.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 22
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)