Nov 25, 2012, 7:08 PM EST
Athletes – especially NHL players – are known for fighting through injuries and sometimes defying doctors’ orders. Still, in the case of Blake Geoffrion, the Tennessean’s Josh Cooper discusses the patience needed for him to recover from a depressed skull fracture on Nov. 9.
His father Danny hopes that Blake Geoffrion can avoid the urge to get ahead of schedule.
“Blake is going to have to be very patient in this whole cycle,” Danny said. “Any athlete … he’s going to get antsier and antsier with every week that goes by and all that. He’s going to have to discipline himself to follow the directions of the doctors and go by exactly what they say until one day they give him the green light.”
So far, he’s able to eat normally and go for walks, but his father said that he’s “unable to do much else.”
Still, it’s impressive that he was able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner in a fairly typical fashion considering the fact that the injury happened about two weeks ago.
The Montreal Canadiens expect him to make a full recovery, but again, that will require a measured approach.
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 0
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 9
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 85
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 79
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 46
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (79)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)