Nov 25, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
Athletes – especially NHL players – are known for fighting through injuries and sometimes defying doctors’ orders. Still, in the case of Blake Geoffrion, the Tennessean’s Josh Cooper discusses the patience needed for him to recover from a depressed skull fracture on Nov. 9.
His father Danny hopes that Blake Geoffrion can avoid the urge to get ahead of schedule.
“Blake is going to have to be very patient in this whole cycle,” Danny said. “Any athlete … he’s going to get antsier and antsier with every week that goes by and all that. He’s going to have to discipline himself to follow the directions of the doctors and go by exactly what they say until one day they give him the green light.”
So far, he’s able to eat normally and go for walks, but his father said that he’s “unable to do much else.”
Still, it’s impressive that he was able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner in a fairly typical fashion considering the fact that the injury happened about two weeks ago.
The Montreal Canadiens expect him to make a full recovery, but again, that will require a measured approach.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)