Nov 25, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
The advantages of going this route is … well, all-around chaos, that could seemingly result in every player becoming immediate unrestricted free agents; players could sue the league for collusion, damages and back wages to honor existing contracts, etc.
All of this is a minefield where some things could occur and others not yet imagined might appear, as well, as the process goes from the state to the federal levels.
It’s absurd. It’s unrealistic. And it would be wasting valuable time heading on a detour in the talks rather than sticking with the process and getting a deal done.
Of course, one could counter that the two sides aren’t really making the most of the time at hand, anyway; Sunday’s update is the usual “they spoke but didn’t set up an official meeting” spiel.
Dec 17, 2014, 4:53 PM EST
Currently has Calgary in the thick of the Western Conference playoff chase.
Dec 17, 2014, 4:23 PM EST
Former Pens coach was on the radio today.
Dec 17, 2014, 4:12 PM EST
Hurt during Tuesday’s 6-2 drubbing in Toronto.
Dec 17, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Veteran d-man no longer with the Hartford Wolf Pack.
Dec 17, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
Will instead serve in a “player development/consultant role,” and will work out of his Florida home.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Dec 17, 2014, 1:34 PM EST
That’s 16 documented cases league-wide.
Dec 17, 2014, 1:31 PM EST
Despite four straight losses and the memory of last season.
Dec 17, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
“In every game that he’s played, he hasn’t shown any signs of fatigue.”
Dec 17, 2014, 12:25 PM EST
“When we were winning games, it seemed those chances against would not go in.”
Dec 17, 2014, 12:21 PM EST
Preseason standout now up for grabs.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:57 AM EST
“You just have to find a way to be better so it’s not going to be about one call or one bounce.”
Dec 17, 2014, 11:57 AM EST
Which will make things interesting for both him and the Blue Jackets.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:06 AM EST
Beau Bennett still dealing with effects, Sidney Crosby has “passed the infectious period.”
Dec 17, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Says the move “reaffirms our vision of becoming an elite organization, both at the NHL and AHL levels.”
Dec 17, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
Both teams are dealing with some adversity right now.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:47 AM EST
“He’s done a tremendous job for us,” Joel Quenneville said.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:07 AM EST
Kris Versteeg and Eugene Melnyk play doctor.
Dec 17, 2014, 8:33 AM EST
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:02 AM EST
The Florida Panthers surpassed Boston in the East standings.
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 0
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 7
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45