Nov 24, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Roman Hamrlik put himself in the center of a controversy when he spoke out against NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr and suggested that the union should vote on the owner’s latest proposal. He later expanded on his remarks, but didn’t offer a retraction.
As a result, Hamrlik has been criticized by a lot of players, including Winnipeg Jets captain Andrew Ladd, who thinks Hamrlik needs to do more research on the subject.
“I disagree with his opinion, for sure,” said Ladd in a Winnipeg Sun report. “Everyone is allowed to state their own opinion, but if you’re going to do that, I would make sure that your facts are straight too.
“(Hamrlik) said the deal (in 2005) didn’t get better after that (lockout ended) and it did. It was a hard cap when they cancelled the year and it ended up being tied to revenue, which bumped it up to where it is right now. It’s inaccurate in that sense.”
Washington Capitals goaltender Michal Neuvirth also made headlines with his support of Roman Hamrlik. However, Neuvirth took it a step further by suggesting that this lockout is about “several superstars with big contracts.”
“That’s completely false,” said Ladd. He argued that superstars are going to get paid handsomely regardless of what happens, but issues like contracting rights would impact everyone.
“I would encourage them to check into it a little more,” said Ladd, “be on some calls and get a little more information.”
If these are the kinds of comments that are getting exchanged in public, imagine how a private conference call would go when/if Hamrlik and Neuvirth speak up.
Jun 19, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The players’ union and Board of Governors will vote near the end of the exhibition campaign.
Jun 19, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
Detroit could have quite the sports and entertainment district.
Jun 19, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
His choice. Wasn’t required to go.
Jun 19, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Canada last hosted in 2012.
Jun 19, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
“He’s forechecked, done well in the battles as far as trying to come up with the puck, all the things we ask him to do.”
Jun 19, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Trio was huge against L.A. in the Western Conference finals.
Jun 19, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
But let’s just wait and see for sure.
Jun 19, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
Despite recent reports.
Jun 19, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
News and notes entering Wednesday’s Stanley Cup Final showdown — will Boston continue to stymie the power play?
Jun 19, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
He spent all of last season with AHL Peoria.
Jun 19, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Meanwhile, the clock keeps ticking.
Jun 19, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
GM David Poile might be the busiest man in hockey.
Jun 19, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
Based on a couple of reports, the answer appears to be yes.
Jun 19, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
“If you move up, there’s a chance to maybe get that better player.”
Jun 19, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The duo spent the last three seasons together in Vancouver.
Jun 19, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
He’ll be in charge of working with defensemen.
Jun 19, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
Chicago has once again found themselves behind the Bruins.
Jun 19, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
Both were scheduled to become restricted free agents this summer.
Jun 19, 2013, 9:11 AM EDT
Ken Cruise showed off his work at Game 3.
Jun 19, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Boston has a 2-1 series lead.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 41
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 17
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 16
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 96
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead