Nov 24, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
Roman Hamrlik put himself in the center of a controversy when he spoke out against NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr and suggested that the union should vote on the owner’s latest proposal. He later expanded on his remarks, but didn’t offer a retraction.
As a result, Hamrlik has been criticized by a lot of players, including Winnipeg Jets captain Andrew Ladd, who thinks Hamrlik needs to do more research on the subject.
“I disagree with his opinion, for sure,” said Ladd in a Winnipeg Sun report. “Everyone is allowed to state their own opinion, but if you’re going to do that, I would make sure that your facts are straight too.
“(Hamrlik) said the deal (in 2005) didn’t get better after that (lockout ended) and it did. It was a hard cap when they cancelled the year and it ended up being tied to revenue, which bumped it up to where it is right now. It’s inaccurate in that sense.”
Washington Capitals goaltender Michal Neuvirth also made headlines with his support of Roman Hamrlik. However, Neuvirth took it a step further by suggesting that this lockout is about “several superstars with big contracts.”
“That’s completely false,” said Ladd. He argued that superstars are going to get paid handsomely regardless of what happens, but issues like contracting rights would impact everyone.
“I would encourage them to check into it a little more,” said Ladd, “be on some calls and get a little more information.”
If these are the kinds of comments that are getting exchanged in public, imagine how a private conference call would go when/if Hamrlik and Neuvirth speak up.
Dec 19, 2013, 3:05 PM EST
St. Louis hosts Montreal tonight.
Dec 19, 2013, 3:05 PM EST
Expects a sellout on Dec. 27 versus San Jose.
Dec 19, 2013, 2:38 PM EST
Rostislav Klesla called up.
Dec 19, 2013, 2:31 PM EST
Edmonton whipped Colorado 8-2 the last time the two teams met.
Dec 19, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
“You’ll see he’s a very good skating, smart, heady player.”
Dec 19, 2013, 1:28 PM EST
Andrew Alberts will get another shot tonight in Dallas.
Dec 19, 2013, 1:21 PM EST
This after he played less than five minutes against Phoenix last game.
Dec 19, 2013, 1:03 PM EST
“Things are going well, let’s just let things happen,” said GM Dale Tallon.
Dec 19, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
“He’s a young player still, and sometimes you have those seasons.”
Dec 19, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
Flyers host Jackets.
Dec 19, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
Shakeup time in Detroit.
Dec 19, 2013, 12:01 PM EST
Dec 19, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
He’ll face the Preds tonight.
Dec 19, 2013, 11:37 AM EST
Mathew Dumba and Jonathan Drouin will serve as alternates.
Dec 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
He played less than five minutes against the Coyotes.
Dec 19, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
The Vancouver Canucks have put him on unconditional waivers.
Dec 19, 2013, 9:06 AM EST
There was some controversy surrounding the goal.
Dec 19, 2013, 8:02 AM EST
Thursday’s collection of links.
Dec 19, 2013, 7:30 AM EST
Nine suspensions totaling 38 games, with more likely on the way.
Dec 19, 2013, 12:55 AM EST
If all goes well, he could be back on Dec. 27, according to Fletcher.
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 3
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 14
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 35
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 41
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 50
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 15
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 15
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)