Nov 24, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Chicago’s Dave Bolland helped up the foolishness level of the lockout the other day by re-tweeting a fan for “wanting Gary Bettman dead.” You’ll be happy to know he’s sorry for doing something so foolish.
Bolland tells TSN he screwed up by granting the fan’s request with such a bad message attached to it.
“It was a mistake, I never meant to re-tweet that out,” Bolland told TSN. “I like to re-tweet for a lot of my fans and I just re-tweeted the wrong thing. I feel bad about it.”
There was no way Bolland could do this and have it go by unnoticed. His apology is the least surprising thing to happen out of this whole thing.
Maybe the best advice to give the players when it comes to tweeting and making veiled or obvious threats comes from “Anchorman”:
“Take it easy, Champ. Why don’t you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while.”
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)