Nov 24, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Chicago’s Dave Bolland helped up the foolishness level of the lockout the other day by re-tweeting a fan for “wanting Gary Bettman dead.” You’ll be happy to know he’s sorry for doing something so foolish.
Bolland tells TSN he screwed up by granting the fan’s request with such a bad message attached to it.
“It was a mistake, I never meant to re-tweet that out,” Bolland told TSN. “I like to re-tweet for a lot of my fans and I just re-tweeted the wrong thing. I feel bad about it.”
There was no way Bolland could do this and have it go by unnoticed. His apology is the least surprising thing to happen out of this whole thing.
Maybe the best advice to give the players when it comes to tweeting and making veiled or obvious threats comes from “Anchorman”:
“Take it easy, Champ. Why don’t you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while.”
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)