Nov 24, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Chicago’s Dave Bolland helped up the foolishness level of the lockout the other day by re-tweeting a fan for “wanting Gary Bettman dead.” You’ll be happy to know he’s sorry for doing something so foolish.
Bolland tells TSN he screwed up by granting the fan’s request with such a bad message attached to it.
“It was a mistake, I never meant to re-tweet that out,” Bolland told TSN. “I like to re-tweet for a lot of my fans and I just re-tweeted the wrong thing. I feel bad about it.”
There was no way Bolland could do this and have it go by unnoticed. His apology is the least surprising thing to happen out of this whole thing.
Maybe the best advice to give the players when it comes to tweeting and making veiled or obvious threats comes from “Anchorman”:
“Take it easy, Champ. Why don’t you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while.”
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)