Nov 24, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Chicago’s Dave Bolland helped up the foolishness level of the lockout the other day by re-tweeting a fan for “wanting Gary Bettman dead.” You’ll be happy to know he’s sorry for doing something so foolish.
Bolland tells TSN he screwed up by granting the fan’s request with such a bad message attached to it.
“It was a mistake, I never meant to re-tweet that out,” Bolland told TSN. “I like to re-tweet for a lot of my fans and I just re-tweeted the wrong thing. I feel bad about it.”
There was no way Bolland could do this and have it go by unnoticed. His apology is the least surprising thing to happen out of this whole thing.
Maybe the best advice to give the players when it comes to tweeting and making veiled or obvious threats comes from “Anchorman”:
“Take it easy, Champ. Why don’t you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while.”
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup