Nov 23, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Sean Monahan was recently ranked as the top OHL prospect in the 2013 draft class by NHL’s Central Scouting Services.
He got off to an explosive start with the Ottawa 67’s this season, scoring 12 goals and 36 points in just 24 games, but he’ll be forced to cool off due to an incident on Sunday.
Monahan has been handed a 10-game suspension for elbowing a player in the head in a play that resulted in an injury, according to the OHL.
Over 151 career OHL games, he’s received just 78 penalty minutes.
Central Scouting’s Chris Edwards likes Monahan’s play-making ability and his willingness to battle for the puck. Monahan is also “used in every situation, double- and triple-shifted at times.”
(Photo courtesy of Terry Wilson/OHL Images)
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)