Nov 23, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Sean Monahan was recently ranked as the top OHL prospect in the 2013 draft class by NHL’s Central Scouting Services.
He got off to an explosive start with the Ottawa 67’s this season, scoring 12 goals and 36 points in just 24 games, but he’ll be forced to cool off due to an incident on Sunday.
Monahan has been handed a 10-game suspension for elbowing a player in the head in a play that resulted in an injury, according to the OHL.
Over 151 career OHL games, he’s received just 78 penalty minutes.
Central Scouting’s Chris Edwards likes Monahan’s play-making ability and his willingness to battle for the puck. Monahan is also “used in every situation, double- and triple-shifted at times.”
(Photo courtesy of Terry Wilson/OHL Images)
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)