Nov 23, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Sean Monahan was recently ranked as the top OHL prospect in the 2013 draft class by NHL’s Central Scouting Services.
He got off to an explosive start with the Ottawa 67’s this season, scoring 12 goals and 36 points in just 24 games, but he’ll be forced to cool off due to an incident on Sunday.
Monahan has been handed a 10-game suspension for elbowing a player in the head in a play that resulted in an injury, according to the OHL.
Over 151 career OHL games, he’s received just 78 penalty minutes.
Central Scouting’s Chris Edwards likes Monahan’s play-making ability and his willingness to battle for the puck. Monahan is also “used in every situation, double- and triple-shifted at times.”
(Photo courtesy of Terry Wilson/OHL Images)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)