Nov 23, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Sean Monahan was recently ranked as the top OHL prospect in the 2013 draft class by NHL’s Central Scouting Services.
He got off to an explosive start with the Ottawa 67’s this season, scoring 12 goals and 36 points in just 24 games, but he’ll be forced to cool off due to an incident on Sunday.
Monahan has been handed a 10-game suspension for elbowing a player in the head in a play that resulted in an injury, according to the OHL.
Over 151 career OHL games, he’s received just 78 penalty minutes.
Central Scouting’s Chris Edwards likes Monahan’s play-making ability and his willingness to battle for the puck. Monahan is also “used in every situation, double- and triple-shifted at times.”
(Photo courtesy of Terry Wilson/OHL Images)
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39