Nov 23, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Sean Monahan was recently ranked as the top OHL prospect in the 2013 draft class by NHL’s Central Scouting Services.
He got off to an explosive start with the Ottawa 67’s this season, scoring 12 goals and 36 points in just 24 games, but he’ll be forced to cool off due to an incident on Sunday.
Monahan has been handed a 10-game suspension for elbowing a player in the head in a play that resulted in an injury, according to the OHL.
Over 151 career OHL games, he’s received just 78 penalty minutes.
Central Scouting’s Chris Edwards likes Monahan’s play-making ability and his willingness to battle for the puck. Monahan is also “used in every situation, double- and triple-shifted at times.”
(Photo courtesy of Terry Wilson/OHL Images)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5