Nov 23, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
The Sharks continue to swim across the Atlantic.
With the move, Braun became the third Shark to sign in Europe over the last two weeks. Backup netminder Thomas Greiss signed in Germany on Monday and the week prior, Michal Handzus inked with a Slovak Extraliga club.
Braun, 25, is coming off a breakthrough campaign in San Jose where he played in a career-high 66 games, scoring 2G-9A-11PTS while averaging 16:33 TOI per game.
The former University of Massachusetts standout also appeared in all five of the Sharks’ opening-round playoff contests against St. Louis, where his ice time increased to 17:55 per game.
In late June, Braun was rewarded for his efforts with a three-year, $3.75 million extension from the club.
As for playing in Finland…
Braun will join a Tappara lineup that’s been bolstered by some recent lockout signings. Ex-Minnesota Wild defenseman Kurtis Foster recently signed on and he was soon followed by Vancouver forward Jannik Hansen, who has posted six points in his first six SM-liiga contests.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 31
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 35
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (40)