Nov 23, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
The Sharks continue to swim across the Atlantic.
With the move, Braun became the third Shark to sign in Europe over the last two weeks. Backup netminder Thomas Greiss signed in Germany on Monday and the week prior, Michal Handzus inked with a Slovak Extraliga club.
Braun, 25, is coming off a breakthrough campaign in San Jose where he played in a career-high 66 games, scoring 2G-9A-11PTS while averaging 16:33 TOI per game.
The former University of Massachusetts standout also appeared in all five of the Sharks’ opening-round playoff contests against St. Louis, where his ice time increased to 17:55 per game.
In late June, Braun was rewarded for his efforts with a three-year, $3.75 million extension from the club.
As for playing in Finland…
Braun will join a Tappara lineup that’s been bolstered by some recent lockout signings. Ex-Minnesota Wild defenseman Kurtis Foster recently signed on and he was soon followed by Vancouver forward Jannik Hansen, who has posted six points in his first six SM-liiga contests.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)