Nov 23, 2012, 9:39 PM EDT
Mike Lundin agreed to a one-year, $1,150,000 contract with Ottawa over the summer. Obviously the lockout has prevented him from making his Senators debut, so instead he’ll spend some time with Almtuna IS of the Swedish second division, according to the team’s website.
Lundin is coming off a rough season where he missed significant chunks of time due to a back injury and a sports hernia. The latter required surgery and he missed the final 25 games of the regular season. He finished with two assists in 17 contests with the Minnesota Wild.
With that in mind, playing in Europe might prove to be particularly valuable for Lundin as he attempts to get back into game shape after going roughly nine months between contests.
When he was healthy, Lundin logged an average of 20:12 minutes per game with Minnesota and wasn’t afraid to block shots. If it wasn’t for the work stoppage, Lundin might have started the 2012-13 campaign on the Senators’ third defensive pairing.
May 20, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
Finally some adversity for the Blackhawks.
May 20, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Peter Horachek had been with the team since 2003.
May 20, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
Two goals in 31 seconds, including his beauty.
May 20, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
That Craig Adams hit didn’t feel very good, though.
May 20, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
Did anyone go over the line?
May 20, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
Perhaps that hurt less than it looks.
May 20, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
“Sooner or later something’s got to give,” he said.
May 20, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
He has a no-trade clause.
May 20, 2013, 5:06 PM EDT
Lots of stink talk coming from New York.
May 20, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
He hopes to be ready for the start of the 2013-14 regular season.
May 20, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
Stop us if you’ve heard this one before.
May 20, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
But can the Rangers control the Bruins’ big forwards?
May 20, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
Just to quash that rumor entirely.
May 20, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
“Don’t stick your hands where you shouldn’t.”
May 20, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
The commissioner visited the New York Stock Exchange last week.
May 20, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Wanna watch 18-year-olds work out? Wait, that came out wrong.
May 20, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Click for the odds on all the finalists.
May 20, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
He was the club’s second-round pick from 2011.
May 20, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
Thumbs up for Doug Wilson.
May 20, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
He’s off to Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod.
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 0
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 26
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 46
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball