Nov 23, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Perreault’s agent, Paul Corbeil said that his client will travel to Finland next week. He’ll be joining the Dallas Stars’ Stephane Robidas, who has two goals and five points in 12 games with HIFK Helsinki.
Before the lockout, Perreault was scheduled to make $1 million in 2012-13 with the Washington Capitals in his first one-way contract. He earned that deal by scoring 16 goals and 30 points in 64 games last season.
Not including Perreault, seven Washington Capitals players have already found temporary homes in Europe. That of course includes Alex Ovechkin, who threatened to stay in the KHL if the next CBA results in him taking a pay cut.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 1
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 8
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9