Nov 23, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Jason Garrison‘s initial plan was to be ready to be ready to return from his chronic groin problems by Nov. 2. He still wasn’t feeling 100% by that point, but the lockout has provided him with plenty of extra time.
Now whenever the lockout ends and the Vancouver Canucks play next, Garrison should be able to join his teammates on the ice, according to the Vancouver Province.
He’s been strengthening his core muscles with a noted physiotherapist and has been skating with the University of British Columbia Thunderbirds. Garrison is also collecting paychecks from the Canucks as long as he’s recovering from the injury.
“I’m progressing and coming along real well because I’m putting the work in and it’s showing,” said Garrison. “Each and every day it feels better and there’s no doubt in my mind I’ll be ready to go. It’s good to get more of a game-like situation [with the T-Birds] and test it under those conditions.”
Before the lockout started, Garrison signed a six-year, $27,600,000 contract with Vancouver. If the lockout ends soon, there probably won’t be much of a preseason — if any — so Garrison will have to adjust to his new team quickly.
Apr 1, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Understatement: the odds are against both teams.
Apr 1, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
Philly’s beaten its local rival six times in a row.
Apr 1, 2015, 8:36 AM EDT
Also: Alex Ovechkin’s peerless goal-scoring work and other links.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:41 AM EDT
Could the Vancouver forward be facing further discipline from the league?
Apr 1, 2015, 1:17 AM EDT
Tampa Bay is in a battle for the Atlantic Division.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:40 AM EDT
No call on that play.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:04 AM EDT
That’s big for Ottawa.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
This was an eventful game.
Mar 31, 2015, 10:57 PM EDT
Could supplemental discipline be on the way?
Mar 31, 2015, 10:09 PM EDT
Florida had the lead in the third period.
Mar 31, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Could Vancouver’s veteran defenseman be looking at a suspension?
Mar 31, 2015, 8:58 PM EDT
Scored 32 goals in 37 games this season.
Mar 31, 2015, 8:13 PM EDT
Mar 31, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
Joins Bossy, Gretzky, Dionne, Lafleur and Lemieux.
Mar 31, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
3rd-round pick if it happens after the season, 2nd-rounder if it happens in-season.
Mar 31, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
University of Minnesota blueliner inching closer to free agency.
Mar 31, 2015, 6:41 PM EDT
So the Hart will not, as some have suggested, become the Gretzky.
Mar 31, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Blackhawks duo “had a good thing going.”
Mar 31, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
Not just a team that scores a lot of goals.
Mar 31, 2015, 3:38 PM EDT
Could really use a win tonight versus the Rangers.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 6
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 52
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 17
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8