Nov 23, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Jason Garrison‘s initial plan was to be ready to be ready to return from his chronic groin problems by Nov. 2. He still wasn’t feeling 100% by that point, but the lockout has provided him with plenty of extra time.
Now whenever the lockout ends and the Vancouver Canucks play next, Garrison should be able to join his teammates on the ice, according to the Vancouver Province.
He’s been strengthening his core muscles with a noted physiotherapist and has been skating with the University of British Columbia Thunderbirds. Garrison is also collecting paychecks from the Canucks as long as he’s recovering from the injury.
“I’m progressing and coming along real well because I’m putting the work in and it’s showing,” said Garrison. “Each and every day it feels better and there’s no doubt in my mind I’ll be ready to go. It’s good to get more of a game-like situation [with the T-Birds] and test it under those conditions.”
Before the lockout started, Garrison signed a six-year, $27,600,000 contract with Vancouver. If the lockout ends soon, there probably won’t be much of a preseason — if any — so Garrison will have to adjust to his new team quickly.
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 2
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 37
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 25
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 79
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1