Nov 23, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Jason Garrison‘s initial plan was to be ready to be ready to return from his chronic groin problems by Nov. 2. He still wasn’t feeling 100% by that point, but the lockout has provided him with plenty of extra time.
Now whenever the lockout ends and the Vancouver Canucks play next, Garrison should be able to join his teammates on the ice, according to the Vancouver Province.
He’s been strengthening his core muscles with a noted physiotherapist and has been skating with the University of British Columbia Thunderbirds. Garrison is also collecting paychecks from the Canucks as long as he’s recovering from the injury.
“I’m progressing and coming along real well because I’m putting the work in and it’s showing,” said Garrison. “Each and every day it feels better and there’s no doubt in my mind I’ll be ready to go. It’s good to get more of a game-like situation [with the T-Birds] and test it under those conditions.”
Before the lockout started, Garrison signed a six-year, $27,600,000 contract with Vancouver. If the lockout ends soon, there probably won’t be much of a preseason — if any — so Garrison will have to adjust to his new team quickly.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 0
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 1
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)