Nov 23, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
Maybe this is what Don Cherry was talking about?
On Friday, Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland utilized Twitter’s re-tweet function — a feature that allows users to share someone else’s tweet with their followers — for this message:
Suppose the argument here is that Bolland didn’t write the message himself and was only passing along the frustrations of a fan.
But given what’s implicit in a re-tweet — and how offside this particular one was — the counter-argument is that common sense should’ve kept this from ever happening.
As for what it means on a larger scale, Bolland’s actions are just the latest in an ongoing series of anti-Bettman statements from players:
Though no longer a part of the NHLPA, ex-player Jeff O’Neill tweeted “Bettman stop talking to the media. I wanna ‘make whole’ in your **** head.”
Finally, it’s worth noting that Bolland hasn’t always shown the greatest judgment when it comes to public image.
He later backed off those comments, so don’t be surprised if that happens again.
Update: Surprise! Bolland has deleted the retweet. Or de-retweeted. Whatever.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 0
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 3
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 57
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (59)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)