Nov 23, 2012, 3:22 PM EST
Maybe this is what Don Cherry was talking about?
On Friday, Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland utilized Twitter’s re-tweet function — a feature that allows users to share someone else’s tweet with their followers — for this message:
Suppose the argument here is that Bolland didn’t write the message himself and was only passing along the frustrations of a fan.
But given what’s implicit in a re-tweet — and how offside this particular one was — the counter-argument is that common sense should’ve kept this from ever happening.
As for what it means on a larger scale, Bolland’s actions are just the latest in an ongoing series of anti-Bettman statements from players:
Though no longer a part of the NHLPA, ex-player Jeff O’Neill tweeted “Bettman stop talking to the media. I wanna ‘make whole’ in your **** head.”
Finally, it’s worth noting that Bolland hasn’t always shown the greatest judgment when it comes to public image.
He later backed off those comments, so don’t be surprised if that happens again.
Update: Surprise! Bolland has deleted the retweet. Or de-retweeted. Whatever.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 43
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (44)