Nov 22, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Tuukka Rask is on his way back to Beantown.
That’s the word out of the Czech Republic on Thursday as sources claim the Bruins netminder will leave Extraliga team HC Plzen after his next game and return to Boston.
Here’s more, from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty:
The 25-year-old Finnish goalie has been dominant in the Czech League while putting up a 6-2 record along with a 1.86 goals against average and .936 save percentage while backstopping the first place team.
He had an early health scare when he felt a groin tweak in his first game in the Czech League, but has been 100 percent healthy and outstanding between the pipes since then.
According to Matias Strozyk of Elite Prospects, Rask will play his final game for Plzen tomorrow (Friday) and fly to Boston on Sunday “to wait for NHL to start.” Rask also hasn’t ruled out a return to the Extraliga, reports suggest.
As Haggerty alluded to, Rask has been dominant in the Extraliga thus far. He’s been largely credited for Plzen’s early-season dsuccess (they’re tops in the league) and here’s a noteworthy review of his play from Roman Jedlicka, an NHL play-by-play announcer for Czech TV’s NOVA Sport:
Tuukka Rask is the main – not only but main – reason why Pilsen is at 1st place in Czech league. He could put label CLOSED on his goal.
— Roman Jedlicka (@jedli) November 21, 2012
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 10
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 36
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)