Nov 22, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens owner Geoff Molson wants the fans to know that he is very well informed about the ongoing CBA negotiations and he feels comfortable about his involvement, but he doesn’t want to say too much more than that publicly, based on an interview uploaded by the Montreal Gazette.
“I’m not going to interfere by publicly saying something,” Molson said. “By interfering in the process, it might even prolong it.”
Molson is also “proud” of how the Canadiens players “staying together” through this lockout, according to the Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
“(Habs players are) a group of people who like to be together and that’s a good sign for a team,” Molson added.
He’s been following his players on Twitter and ran into some of them during former Montreal Canadiens forward Chris Nilan’s recent movie premiere.
“You could just read in their eyes and they could read in my eyes, that’s about as much as I can say,” Molson said while breaking into a smile.
We imagine he’ll be more talkative with them once this lockout is over.
(Image courtesy of Pierre Obendrauf and The Gazette’s video.)
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)