Nov 22, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens owner Geoff Molson wants the fans to know that he is very well informed about the ongoing CBA negotiations and he feels comfortable about his involvement, but he doesn’t want to say too much more than that publicly, based on an interview uploaded by the Montreal Gazette.
“I’m not going to interfere by publicly saying something,” Molson said. “By interfering in the process, it might even prolong it.”
Molson is also “proud” of how the Canadiens players “staying together” through this lockout, according to the Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
“(Habs players are) a group of people who like to be together and that’s a good sign for a team,” Molson added.
He’s been following his players on Twitter and ran into some of them during former Montreal Canadiens forward Chris Nilan’s recent movie premiere.
“You could just read in their eyes and they could read in my eyes, that’s about as much as I can say,” Molson said while breaking into a smile.
We imagine he’ll be more talkative with them once this lockout is over.
(Image courtesy of Pierre Obendrauf and The Gazette’s video.)
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)