Nov 21, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports Murray may have a torn labrum in the shoulder. It’s unknown if he needs surgery to fix the tear, but if he does, he would miss up to four months of action.
If the NHL gets underway in the meantime, that would put Murray out of the Blue Jackets’ plans until at least March. Ouch. This kind of news makes you wonder who in the Jackets organization broke a few mirrors or walked under a ladder because this run of misfortune is astounding.
There is still the outside chance that Murray’s shoulder won’t need an operation, but having your top prospect getting hurt badly enough that it’s an option is less than optimal.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 0
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)