Nov 21, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports Murray may have a torn labrum in the shoulder. It’s unknown if he needs surgery to fix the tear, but if he does, he would miss up to four months of action.
If the NHL gets underway in the meantime, that would put Murray out of the Blue Jackets’ plans until at least March. Ouch. This kind of news makes you wonder who in the Jackets organization broke a few mirrors or walked under a ladder because this run of misfortune is astounding.
There is still the outside chance that Murray’s shoulder won’t need an operation, but having your top prospect getting hurt badly enough that it’s an option is less than optimal.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)