Nov 21, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports Murray may have a torn labrum in the shoulder. It’s unknown if he needs surgery to fix the tear, but if he does, he would miss up to four months of action.
If the NHL gets underway in the meantime, that would put Murray out of the Blue Jackets’ plans until at least March. Ouch. This kind of news makes you wonder who in the Jackets organization broke a few mirrors or walked under a ladder because this run of misfortune is astounding.
There is still the outside chance that Murray’s shoulder won’t need an operation, but having your top prospect getting hurt badly enough that it’s an option is less than optimal.
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 6
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63