Nov 21, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports Murray may have a torn labrum in the shoulder. It’s unknown if he needs surgery to fix the tear, but if he does, he would miss up to four months of action.
If the NHL gets underway in the meantime, that would put Murray out of the Blue Jackets’ plans until at least March. Ouch. This kind of news makes you wonder who in the Jackets organization broke a few mirrors or walked under a ladder because this run of misfortune is astounding.
There is still the outside chance that Murray’s shoulder won’t need an operation, but having your top prospect getting hurt badly enough that it’s an option is less than optimal.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 43
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (44)