Nov 21, 2012, 4:27 PM EST
Today in New York, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman admitted the league and players are “still far apart” in CBA negotiations; however, he did express appreciation at receiving a comprehensive proposal from the NHLPA.
“We’re still far apart,” said Bettman. “But hopefully there’s some momentum so we can bring this to a conclusion.”
The commissioner struck a somewhat more optimistic tone than NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr, who said earlier there was “no reciprocity in any meaningful sense” from the NHL in response to the union’s proposal.
In a related story, Bettman expressed his frustration at what he deemed the NHLPA’s “gamesmanship.”
Also noteworthy: an “angry” Flyers fan confronted Bettman during the press conference.
Image via Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:
Following the media scrum, Bettman reportedly had a conversation with the man and “thanked him for being a fan.”
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)