Nov 20, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s easy to get jaded by how things are going with the lockout. Wealthy owners bickering with wealthy players over how to divide up a multi-billion dollar pie of revenues.
The Nashville Predators decided to show a youth hockey team in the Nashville area that hockey doesn’t stop just because the NHL is on a break.
Under the guise of hosting a pizza party for the youngsters, members of the Predators showed up en masse to give them the thrill of a lifetime.
Led by head coach Barry Trotz, the team brought a virtual army with them featuring the team’s PA announcer Paul McCann, their radio team of Tom Callahan and Stu Grimson, the team’s Ice Girls, and mascot Gnash to give the kids a moment they’ll never forget. Check out the video here:
If this doesn’t make you feel good for the kids and their families to have an experience like this, you might just be related to Ebenezer Scrooge.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (52)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)