Nov 20, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s easy to get jaded by how things are going with the lockout. Wealthy owners bickering with wealthy players over how to divide up a multi-billion dollar pie of revenues.
The Nashville Predators decided to show a youth hockey team in the Nashville area that hockey doesn’t stop just because the NHL is on a break.
Under the guise of hosting a pizza party for the youngsters, members of the Predators showed up en masse to give them the thrill of a lifetime.
Led by head coach Barry Trotz, the team brought a virtual army with them featuring the team’s PA announcer Paul McCann, their radio team of Tom Callahan and Stu Grimson, the team’s Ice Girls, and mascot Gnash to give the kids a moment they’ll never forget. Check out the video here:
If this doesn’t make you feel good for the kids and their families to have an experience like this, you might just be related to Ebenezer Scrooge.
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 2
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 32
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 83
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (83)