Nov 20, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
It’s easy to get jaded by how things are going with the lockout. Wealthy owners bickering with wealthy players over how to divide up a multi-billion dollar pie of revenues.
The Nashville Predators decided to show a youth hockey team in the Nashville area that hockey doesn’t stop just because the NHL is on a break.
Under the guise of hosting a pizza party for the youngsters, members of the Predators showed up en masse to give them the thrill of a lifetime.
Led by head coach Barry Trotz, the team brought a virtual army with them featuring the team’s PA announcer Paul McCann, their radio team of Tom Callahan and Stu Grimson, the team’s Ice Girls, and mascot Gnash to give the kids a moment they’ll never forget. Check out the video here:
If this doesn’t make you feel good for the kids and their families to have an experience like this, you might just be related to Ebenezer Scrooge.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 43
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 11
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 15
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 36
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 57
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (43)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)