Nov 20, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Things haven’t played out quite the way recent Maple Leafs signing Leo Komarov wanted.
When he came over from Europe this summer, it was to try out for the NHL and give the Leafs a bit more snarl for their third or fourth lines. Thanks to the lockout, he started the season in the AHL with the Toronto Marlies but now the team is loaning him to Dynamo Moscow in the KHL.
Komarov was picked by the Leafs in the sixth round of the 2006 draft but played in Finland and Russia before coming over to North America this season.
It’s expected that when/if the NHL gets a CBA done and there’s a season to be played this year, Komarov will return to try and win a spot with the Leafs. In 14 games with the Marlies, Komarov had six goals and three assists. Not too bad.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)