Nov 20, 2012, 8:30 PM EST
Things haven’t played out quite the way recent Maple Leafs signing Leo Komarov wanted.
When he came over from Europe this summer, it was to try out for the NHL and give the Leafs a bit more snarl for their third or fourth lines. Thanks to the lockout, he started the season in the AHL with the Toronto Marlies but now the team is loaning him to Dynamo Moscow in the KHL.
Komarov was picked by the Leafs in the sixth round of the 2006 draft but played in Finland and Russia before coming over to North America this season.
It’s expected that when/if the NHL gets a CBA done and there’s a season to be played this year, Komarov will return to try and win a spot with the Leafs. In 14 games with the Marlies, Komarov had six goals and three assists. Not too bad.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)