Nov 20, 2012, 8:30 PM EST
Things haven’t played out quite the way recent Maple Leafs signing Leo Komarov wanted.
When he came over from Europe this summer, it was to try out for the NHL and give the Leafs a bit more snarl for their third or fourth lines. Thanks to the lockout, he started the season in the AHL with the Toronto Marlies but now the team is loaning him to Dynamo Moscow in the KHL.
Komarov was picked by the Leafs in the sixth round of the 2006 draft but played in Finland and Russia before coming over to North America this season.
It’s expected that when/if the NHL gets a CBA done and there’s a season to be played this year, Komarov will return to try and win a spot with the Leafs. In 14 games with the Marlies, Komarov had six goals and three assists. Not too bad.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 11
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)