Nov 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
David Aebischer hasn’t played in the NHL since the 2007-08 season, but the Swiss-born goalie is still kicking overseas – currently with Rapperswil-Jona in Switzerland.
This gives him opportunities to dazzle the hockey world with highlight reel moments, such as these two stick saves he made against Linus Omark on Saturday, which captured Puck Daddy’s attention:
While he didn’t get the last laugh against Omark and EV Zug, it’s surprising to hear from the ex-Colorado Avalanche netminder.
If you need a little lockout time-killer, enjoy his team bio, which (roughly translated) lists his “profession” as “heating engineer.”
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8