Nov 19, 2012, 12:15 PM EST
Greiss, 26, won the backup gig in San Jose last year by edging out veteran Antero Niittymaki.
The German-born keeper spent the season behind Antti Niemi and appeared in a career-high 19 games, posting a 9-7-1 record with a 2.30 GAA and .915 save percentage.
With Hannover, Greiss will play alongside ex-NHLers Chris Herperger, Sascha Goc and Denis Shvidki.
As mentioned above, the Sharks have seen a number of players sign with different teams recently. Last week, forward Michal Handzus moved to the Slovak Extraliga and the week prior, Ryane Clowe latched on with the ECHL’s San Francisco Bulls.
Those were just the latest in a steady stream of Sharks getting gigs during the work stoppage.
Goaltender Antti Niemi is currently with Pelicans in Finland, defensemen Douglas Murray and Jason Demers are in Sweden and Finland while forwards Joe Pavelski (KHL), Tommy Wingels (Finland), T.J. Galiardi (Germany), Logan Couture (Switzerland) and Joe Thornton (Switzerland) have also found work.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 7
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 39
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)