Nov 19, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Greiss, 26, won the backup gig in San Jose last year by edging out veteran Antero Niittymaki.
The German-born keeper spent the season behind Antti Niemi and appeared in a career-high 19 games, posting a 9-7-1 record with a 2.30 GAA and .915 save percentage.
With Hannover, Greiss will play alongside ex-NHLers Chris Herperger, Sascha Goc and Denis Shvidki.
As mentioned above, the Sharks have seen a number of players sign with different teams recently. Last week, forward Michal Handzus moved to the Slovak Extraliga and the week prior, Ryane Clowe latched on with the ECHL’s San Francisco Bulls.
Those were just the latest in a steady stream of Sharks getting gigs during the work stoppage.
Goaltender Antti Niemi is currently with Pelicans in Finland, defensemen Douglas Murray and Jason Demers are in Sweden and Finland while forwards Joe Pavelski (KHL), Tommy Wingels (Finland), T.J. Galiardi (Germany), Logan Couture (Switzerland) and Joe Thornton (Switzerland) have also found work.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 26
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)