Nov 19, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Greiss, 26, won the backup gig in San Jose last year by edging out veteran Antero Niittymaki.
The German-born keeper spent the season behind Antti Niemi and appeared in a career-high 19 games, posting a 9-7-1 record with a 2.30 GAA and .915 save percentage.
With Hannover, Greiss will play alongside ex-NHLers Chris Herperger, Sascha Goc and Denis Shvidki.
As mentioned above, the Sharks have seen a number of players sign with different teams recently. Last week, forward Michal Handzus moved to the Slovak Extraliga and the week prior, Ryane Clowe latched on with the ECHL’s San Francisco Bulls.
Those were just the latest in a steady stream of Sharks getting gigs during the work stoppage.
Goaltender Antti Niemi is currently with Pelicans in Finland, defensemen Douglas Murray and Jason Demers are in Sweden and Finland while forwards Joe Pavelski (KHL), Tommy Wingels (Finland), T.J. Galiardi (Germany), Logan Couture (Switzerland) and Joe Thornton (Switzerland) have also found work.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)