Nov 19, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Greiss, 26, won the backup gig in San Jose last year by edging out veteran Antero Niittymaki.
The German-born keeper spent the season behind Antti Niemi and appeared in a career-high 19 games, posting a 9-7-1 record with a 2.30 GAA and .915 save percentage.
With Hannover, Greiss will play alongside ex-NHLers Chris Herperger, Sascha Goc and Denis Shvidki.
As mentioned above, the Sharks have seen a number of players sign with different teams recently. Last week, forward Michal Handzus moved to the Slovak Extraliga and the week prior, Ryane Clowe latched on with the ECHL’s San Francisco Bulls.
Those were just the latest in a steady stream of Sharks getting gigs during the work stoppage.
Goaltender Antti Niemi is currently with Pelicans in Finland, defensemen Douglas Murray and Jason Demers are in Sweden and Finland while forwards Joe Pavelski (KHL), Tommy Wingels (Finland), T.J. Galiardi (Germany), Logan Couture (Switzerland) and Joe Thornton (Switzerland) have also found work.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 21
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 29
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)