Nov 19, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Greiss, 26, won the backup gig in San Jose last year by edging out veteran Antero Niittymaki.
The German-born keeper spent the season behind Antti Niemi and appeared in a career-high 19 games, posting a 9-7-1 record with a 2.30 GAA and .915 save percentage.
With Hannover, Greiss will play alongside ex-NHLers Chris Herperger, Sascha Goc and Denis Shvidki.
As mentioned above, the Sharks have seen a number of players sign with different teams recently. Last week, forward Michal Handzus moved to the Slovak Extraliga and the week prior, Ryane Clowe latched on with the ECHL’s San Francisco Bulls.
Those were just the latest in a steady stream of Sharks getting gigs during the work stoppage.
Goaltender Antti Niemi is currently with Pelicans in Finland, defensemen Douglas Murray and Jason Demers are in Sweden and Finland while forwards Joe Pavelski (KHL), Tommy Wingels (Finland), T.J. Galiardi (Germany), Logan Couture (Switzerland) and Joe Thornton (Switzerland) have also found work.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 59
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal