Skip to content

Report: NHL, NHLPA end meeting, Tuesday talks possible

Nov 19, 2012, 9:09 PM EDT

Gary Bettman; Bill Daly; Bob Betterman AP

The NHL and NHLPA ended Monday night’s meeting in less than two hours, but here’s a kernel of hope: they’ll probably reconvene on Tuesday, according to Minnesota Star Tribune reporter Michael Russo.

(NHLPA head Donald Fehr told New York Newsday’s Steve Zipay that meetings are “more likely than not” to happen.)

The exact time of tomorrow’s potential meeting hasn’t been revealed yet.

Extending the discussions is a heartening development considering the fact that many believe that the 2013 All-Star Game and all contests through Dec. 15 are in danger of being canceled as soon as this week.

Stay tuned for statements and details from both sides – if they choose to provide any.


Daly: “I’m frustrated”

Fehr’s take

  1. sjsharks66 - Nov 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM

    I heard Fehr shot down everything….what a shocker! Expecting the NHL to made more deals. Hello Fehr, Bettman already said they were done!

  2. jimw81 - Nov 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

    i head nhlpa offered a 12th proposal and gary,bill and jeremy said no

  3. bensawesomeness - Nov 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM

    What’s stopping them from getting a federal mediator? This is just getting ridiculous and nobody’s negotiating, they’re both demanding their side.

    I hate this. I hate checking this site every day hoping for hope and getting shot down. I hate watching college basketball instead of hockey. I just want hockey

  4. jimw81 - Nov 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

    “Bill Daly: “I’m frustrated.” frustrated by what? no willing to actually negotiate? i dont know how anyone take the owners side in this fight?

    • duster1982 - Nov 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM

      Daly said they wont negotiate on contracts until the money is figured out. Fehr came in with no proposal and wanted to talk contracts. Daly has every right to be frustrated. I don’t know how anyone can take Fehr’s side?

  5. statjohnny - Nov 19, 2012 at 9:26 PM

    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. What’s that? Not over yet? Ok. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  6. deekster20 - Nov 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM

    Reblogged this on deekster20's Blog.

  7. deekster20 - Nov 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM

    Reblogged this on deekster20's Blog and commented:
    They better have a meeting.

  8. aspinaci - Nov 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM

    Let me know when you have a deal in place, otherwise just go away.

  9. buffalomafia - Nov 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM

    Stupid fans will still pay for expensive tickets!

  10. flyeredup - Nov 19, 2012 at 9:40 PM

    @buffalomania…..not me, I’m done with the NHL. My Son cried when I to,d him no more games.

    Rot NHL, Rot!

  11. blomfeld - Nov 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM


    As many of you know “optimism” is my middle name and I remain convinced that a deal will be had. Nonetheless, if these fools “do” actually go ahead and blow off the entire season, then there’s going to be the devil to pay ! Of course the NHL will continue, especially here in Canada. But it will “never” be the same stateside, which in turn will forever change the league as we know it today. Therefore this “stare down” is very foolish behavior by all parties involved and they ought to be ashamed of themselves. I’ve no problem with a little “culling of the herd” by whacking the likes of say Florida or Dallas. But pushing this to the brink the way they’re now doing is not smart, as the entire league stands to be irreparably damaged.

  12. LoyalFan34yrsGoKings - Nov 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM

    Join the crowd Along with millions of hockey fans. FRUSTRATED!

  13. mississippimudslinger - Nov 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

    That explains Blomfeld’s lack of intelligence , he’s from Can-uh-Duh .

    • hawkeedawg - Nov 20, 2012 at 2:01 AM

      mississippi lack of intelligence
      Check your teams roster and see how many Canadians are on it. Candians make up 57% of the league. That leaves 43% for the rest of the world.

      Stop showing how ignorant you are.

  14. mississippimudslinger - Nov 20, 2012 at 2:54 AM

    57% of those players you speak of cant count to 50

    • mississippimudslinger - Nov 20, 2012 at 2:54 AM

      but id rather the game be dominated by north american players then these euro sissies that keep watering the sport down

    • hawkeedawg - Nov 20, 2012 at 3:21 AM

      Redneck Loser!!!!

  15. lonespeed - Nov 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM

    I’ve pretty much accepted there will not be a season. That sucks, but at this point I just don’t see it happening. The NHL is dead set on breaking the union. I think there is actually a good chance games in 2013-2014 might be in jeopardy. What a poorly run league.

  16. bills4 - Nov 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM

    I can’t see how anyone would side with the players. Take the deal, earn your millions and play.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches
  1. P. Kane (2077)
  2. P. Kessel (1523)
  3. M. Richards (1332)
  4. N. Backstrom (1232)
  5. M. Giordano (1137)