Nov 19, 2012, 9:09 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA ended Monday night’s meeting in less than two hours, but here’s a kernel of hope: they’ll probably reconvene on Tuesday, according to Minnesota Star Tribune reporter Michael Russo.
(NHLPA head Donald Fehr told New York Newsday’s Steve Zipay that meetings are “more likely than not” to happen.)
The exact time of tomorrow’s potential meeting hasn’t been revealed yet.
Extending the discussions is a heartening development considering the fact that many believe that the 2013 All-Star Game and all contests through Dec. 15 are in danger of being canceled as soon as this week.
Stay tuned for statements and details from both sides – if they choose to provide any.
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 50
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 26
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 6
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 5
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 12
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)