Nov 19, 2012, 9:09 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA ended Monday night’s meeting in less than two hours, but here’s a kernel of hope: they’ll probably reconvene on Tuesday, according to Minnesota Star Tribune reporter Michael Russo.
(NHLPA head Donald Fehr told New York Newsday’s Steve Zipay that meetings are “more likely than not” to happen.)
The exact time of tomorrow’s potential meeting hasn’t been revealed yet.
Extending the discussions is a heartening development considering the fact that many believe that the 2013 All-Star Game and all contests through Dec. 15 are in danger of being canceled as soon as this week.
Stay tuned for statements and details from both sides – if they choose to provide any.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)