Nov 19, 2012, 9:09 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA ended Monday night’s meeting in less than two hours, but here’s a kernel of hope: they’ll probably reconvene on Tuesday, according to Minnesota Star Tribune reporter Michael Russo.
(NHLPA head Donald Fehr told New York Newsday’s Steve Zipay that meetings are “more likely than not” to happen.)
The exact time of tomorrow’s potential meeting hasn’t been revealed yet.
Extending the discussions is a heartening development considering the fact that many believe that the 2013 All-Star Game and all contests through Dec. 15 are in danger of being canceled as soon as this week.
Stay tuned for statements and details from both sides – if they choose to provide any.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)