Nov 19, 2012, 10:10 PM EDT
First things first, Fehr told ESPN’s Katie Strang that the ownership side was “unwilling” to discuss the contentious contracting issues.
As expected, Fehr confirmed that the NHLPA didn’t make a new proposal, but they did “flesh out” some of the issues from their previous offer.
Ultimately, it comes down to what Daly and the NHL asked for: a full, formal proposal on Tuesday.
As far as that’s concerned, there are two interesting bits.
To start, here’s what Fehr told RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie about the possibility of coming up with something tomorrow.
“We are going to think about what was said and think about our next step,” Fehr said.
TSN’s Darren Dreger mapped out a possible plan from the NHLPA.
The Players will further discuss plans tonight. Could see a series of smaller proposals from PA tomorrow in the form of "give and take."—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) November 20, 2012
“We’ll see,” Staal said.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 40
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)