Nov 19, 2012, 10:10 PM EDT
First things first, Fehr told ESPN’s Katie Strang that the ownership side was “unwilling” to discuss the contentious contracting issues.
As expected, Fehr confirmed that the NHLPA didn’t make a new proposal, but they did “flesh out” some of the issues from their previous offer.
Ultimately, it comes down to what Daly and the NHL asked for: a full, formal proposal on Tuesday.
As far as that’s concerned, there are two interesting bits.
To start, here’s what Fehr told RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie about the possibility of coming up with something tomorrow.
“We are going to think about what was said and think about our next step,” Fehr said.
TSN’s Darren Dreger mapped out a possible plan from the NHLPA.
The Players will further discuss plans tonight. Could see a series of smaller proposals from PA tomorrow in the form of "give and take."—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) November 20, 2012
“We’ll see,” Staal said.
- Here’s an (updated) list of available NHL coaching candidates 1
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 20
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 84
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 98
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (98)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (85)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants