Nov 19, 2012, 10:10 PM EDT
First things first, Fehr told ESPN’s Katie Strang that the ownership side was “unwilling” to discuss the contentious contracting issues.
As expected, Fehr confirmed that the NHLPA didn’t make a new proposal, but they did “flesh out” some of the issues from their previous offer.
Ultimately, it comes down to what Daly and the NHL asked for: a full, formal proposal on Tuesday.
As far as that’s concerned, there are two interesting bits.
To start, here’s what Fehr told RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie about the possibility of coming up with something tomorrow.
“We are going to think about what was said and think about our next step,” Fehr said.
TSN’s Darren Dreger mapped out a possible plan from the NHLPA.
The Players will further discuss plans tonight. Could see a series of smaller proposals from PA tomorrow in the form of "give and take."—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) November 20, 2012
“We’ll see,” Staal said.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)